cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so angry at this one person all the time

Hi. I am so angry and frustrated with my housemate all the time. As some of you know - she is extremely messy and has very lazy habits. But also she has just been pissing me off with everything she says to me at the moment. Just being in a room with her frustrates me before she has even done anything because of the mess and the things she says and does. And tonight I just got really pissed off at her because I was telling her about a job interview i'm going to and my phone call today and then afterwards she was like "you shouldn't have said that and that's not what you say" - and she made me feel really shit about the whole thing. Like I can never do anything right. She is always telling me what I should and shouldn't have done. I am sick of her telling me how things should and shouldn't be. Now I've gone up to my room and she was like "don't speak to me like that" when I told her not to tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing. FFS i'm always the one doing the wrong thing. I'm so pissed off. 

Re: I'm so angry at this one person all the time

Hey @mspaceK...
From the way I interpreted your post, I feel like you need to take some time to calm down. Maybe some self-care might be useful? I know that I could use with some tonight. We could possibly spam the game section if you feel up to it. Smiley Happy

I'm not very good with this sort of situation, but I do understand feeling pissed at someone. I'm currently pissed off at my sister. She's been annoying me for the last two days, just by clapping in my face and making me do her jobs. But that's just her really.

What is it that you need right now?

Again, sorry if I'm no help. I just got back from rehearsals, and I'm very tired from the school day.
I'm still here if you want to chat. Smiley Happy

//Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "I'm Possible"//

thanks @xXLexi_Lou122Xx . I'm not really in the mood to play forum games sorry. I'm watching a tv show in my room and playing different web games online. I don't want to go downstairs because she is there. She has put me in a terrible mood. 

That's okay @mspaceK. I don't mind. Just bear in mind that I'm about to go hard core spammer mode in the games section, so just a heads up. Smiley Happy

Tv sounds good, and playing games online is fun too.
I wish I could watch tv, but my mum and dad say no tonight.

//Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "I'm Possible"//

Have fun with the spamming @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

Oh I will!
I'm N!ghtW1ng's minime!

Hi @mspaceK! Your housemate sounds super frustrating and kind of unsupportive. It is totally fine for you to be angry at her. It's normal to be angry when people cross boundaries, break the 'rules' of a relationship or are not supportive of us.

I have been told similar things and they have really put a downer on my day. I try not to be affected by it but it's hard. I get really annoyed when people tell me how I should be living my life or what I should be doing, especially when it comes from people I don't know that well or it's just nonstop criticism. I have a neighbour like that and it's really annoying. I'm trying to avoid her by pretending not to hear the doorbell when she visits.

I also get your frustration about her untidiness. I hate having to do double the work because some of my family members can't be bothered cleaning up after themselves. They have the time to clean up their mess, but just don't. Unless it affects me, I have started to ignore their mess and let them sort it out themselves. Hopefully, they will get the message that no one is going to clean up after them unless they do it themselves. Do you think this strategy would work with you and your housemate?

@mspaceK ugh that reminds me of my brother.. "I'm not criticizing you, I'm providing productive commentary" is one of the many useful phrases he's come up with for when I get sick of his 15 minute lecture on why my opinions are objectively wrong.. Smiley Frustrated

I believe the words for what she did with the phone call is something like "offering unsolicited advice", which is notoriously frustrating... however luckily there are lots of articles online about ways to cope with someone who does that, if you're interested in looking at them.

I'm still impressed that you were even able to get the interview, I know it was stressing you out a fair bit earlier. I think you did good (did.. a good? did well. I think you did well.).

@WheresMySquishy thanks. I have tried avoiding her so much lately by just staying in my room. I feel bad sometimes but then when I spend time with her little things or big things happen to cause me to get very frustrated. 

@Tiny_leaf I think you're right about the whole unsolicited advice. I am sick of it. Thank you so much for actually acknowledging how hard it has been for me to even apply and to get the interview. Everyday has been a struggle.

I feel like crying and curling up into a ball. 

@mspaceK  It's okay to cry. Are you able to do any self care activities? Maybe you can play some games. You should reward yourself for getting the interview. Smiley Happy