cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I'm so overwhelmed

@WheresMySquishy They are helping a little. I'm going to try and sleep now. Tomorrow I may be able to speak to my regular KHL counselor and they support me. I have other people who can support me who I will be able to see late next week and I'm seeing my boyfriend tomorrow at some point so that should help too. I'm going to try and not be alone though but for tonight I don't have a choice. 

Goodnight and thank you. 

@mspaceK  That's really great that you can see your boyfriend and talk to your KHL counsellor. Hopefully, seeing the other people later on in the week will help too. I'm glad that the things on your safety plan are somewhat helpful. I think you should congratulate yourself on finding something that makes you feel better. Smiley Happy

Goodnight! I hope you get a good night's sleep and that you can feel better tomorrow. Heart

Thank you @WheresMySquishy . I've had a long sleep in and I have some clothes washing that I need to do today as well as grocery shopping and meal planning. Other than that I can do whatever I want which is good. I'll be seeing my boyfriend and speaking to my counsellor later this afternoon. In the mean time I think I'll watch some tv show, read my book and play computer games. 

Do you have much on today? 

@Tiny_leaf @scared01 

@mspaceK that sounds really good!

I'll be getting my kittens back from the cattery today, they'll be getting so many cuddles!!

That sounds exciting @Tiny_leaf . I'm glad you'll get to see them. That will be so cute. 

I just did some clothes washing and cleaning up my room. Now I'm going to have a little rest and play my computer or read my book. 

@mspaceK they're home now, they spent the last few hours meowing at us and asking for attention. Smiley Happy

How's everything going for you atm?

@Tiny_leaf I'm glad you got to spend time with the kittens!

I've had a pretty good day actually. I've been unusually motivated and happy for the most part and work was good. I've had moments where I've had a tight chest and felt anxiety for no reason, particulalry like right now which is what prompted me to sign in. I'm waiting for my bf to get home and I'm playing computer games and I just had a nice shower but I feel alot of anxiety suddenly and I'm not sure why. Smiley Sad 

@mspaceK  I'm glad you had a good day!

Anxiety can be so annoying, especially when it feels like it comes on randomly. Smiley Sad There are times when I'm trying to sleep and my heart beats very fast. Sometimes, I have to focus on taking breaths through my stomach, which helps. Is there anything that helps when you have the symptoms?

Highlighted

Thank you @WheresMySquishy . 

I have to do breathing and relaxation things and distraction activities. Sometimes it doesn't really helo though. 

I found this helpful list of relaxing activitiesHere is another good resource. Have you tried any of these? I should try some of them myself! Smiley Happy

Does writing down your feelings help? Sometimes, what helps me is to acknowledge how I am feeling. Some people like to imagine their feelings as a wave that they don't have to fight and they can imagine it washing over them. Mindfulness helps me too.