cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I might be non-binary

Hey @SomeoneNADJS I’m back Smiley Happy
Did you end up getting some sleep and going to the beach?

[N] @Bananatime04 Neither, but I did end up going on a walk and getting a nice solitaire set. Mostly I’ve been lounging around for the last hour and I’m currently working on the 41st boss for my game.

Highlighted

I’m glad you at least got out for a walk 🙂 sometimes that can be a very refreshing thing. How many bosses do you have to work on?

Hey @SomeoneNADJS just jumping in here to say I'm glad you managed to get out for a walk. That's on my to-do list for this week! Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

[N] @Bananatime04 Finished all 45 now. Staying up really late to finish the game though. Just playtesting, bugfixing and soundtrack still to do. Hoping I won’t have to sell my soul before I finish Smiley Tongue

@SomeoneNADJS can I ask what you do with the games? Are they just for you to play or do you actually like publish games?
It sounds pretty interesting and sounds like yous are pretty dedicated to it staying up that late to finish it! I hope it’s going well!

[N] @Bananatime04 It’s 40 minutes past the jam deadline now, and my game is one of 18 entries. It’s not the best, but I only had limited time. Yes, I publish my games on GameJolt however this one had to go on itch.io to submit it.

I do not recommend staying up that late. I hoped I wouldn’t have to sell my soul to finish, and luckily I didn’t (even though T did pop in at one point to jokingly make an offer).

In other news, went to the beach and didn’t drown! We think it might be asthma causing us to not breathe, in case I didn’t mention that before.

Hey n
Is it like a game competition?
That’s so cool that you publish them!
Thanks for the heads up! I will not be staying up that late 😛
How was the beach? Sounds like you got in the water?

[N] Yes, it was a game competition. Sadly, a collision bug was present in the version I submitted that stopped any boss fights from being entered, so I think I’m in last place.

The way it’s supposed to work is you move up a tower. On each floor is an invisible little square that when you hit it, it takes you to the relevant boss fight. When a boss is defeated, their name is added to a list in the game’s files. If the boss name corresponding to an invisible square is present in the list, the square will instantly disappear so the boss won’t be fought again.

However, the collisions somehow messed up. Fixed now, but I don’t think I’m allowed to resubmit. But that’s okay, this was just for fun.

Yeah, I’ve been to the beach a few times. Found two bricks in the ocean and dug them up. Also met a mother and her child (4yo as a guess), and she asked me to help because he was apparently adamant he wanted to jump off the pier (something I like to do a lot, hence why I was there) but he was too scared. He only did it when I was in the water to help him climb back up on to the step. That was pretty cool.

I’m going to put the fixed version of the game up on GameJolt. Hopefully I won’t get any more complaints that the game doesn’t work.

[N] Haven't posted in a while, but since my last post, we've been on KHL a few times for help to come out as non-binary, and we had a consensus on that and we were going to tell a friend (who is the only person we know who has openly stood up for non-binary people or even acknowledged their existence who wasn't a random PDHPE Theory teacher). Recently I've been feeling a bit dysphoric and this has been bothering me again, but we're all starting to shift to being afraid of telling anyone.

The plan was to keep our plurality secret still and all of us would continue pretend to be me but be open about my non-binariness (not even sure that's a word) to only close friends and family. But now we're worried because there are some pretty alarming statistics we've found and we don't want to be physically or verbally harassed or blackmailed because of this. It's sad that any of us even have to worry about this potentially happening to be honest.

I really don't know what we'll do. I don't think I'm nearly as confident to come out as I need to be, so someone else might have to control our body while I watch I guess. Sometimes I just want to just fade out of awareness and let one of them take over everything. I'm starting to feel miserable again, but not as bad as around two months ago (I had been suicidal before, but I knew I couldn't act on it because I loved the others too much and didn't want to hurt them). When we realised what was happening A forced me to go onto KHL for the first time and I managed to triumph over that. I'm not suicidal now, but we might have to do a bit of work so this doesn't get any worse. Right now we're alright and we're safe.

Other than that, we've mostly been okay recently. We're a bit worried for a friend though who's just had a parent die and we're hoping he'll be okay.