cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I miss my Dad

@j95 I'm really sorry to hear about his passing. Perhaps given more time he may have been able to reach out to you and at least apologise for what he put you and your family through- unfortunately it's one of those things we will never know. But it is okay to think about what could have been, and it might even lead you to find more meaningful relationships in your life, like someone to turn to for guidance, going to the footy Smiley Happy and just being a father figure of some sorts.

Hey @j95, man I really feel for you right now and am sending some virtual love and support.  Although it is impossible for me to know your family situation, it sounds like you might miss the idea of him or what he could have been, more than you miss what he actually was.  Either way though it sounds like you're feeling some real hurt and loss, and we're all here for you.  Hope you feel better soon

yeah i definitely miss what could of been @OceanMaster1207 @tsnyder even though there was no chance of him changing

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 let us know if you would like to talk some more about this, it seems like it's pretty close to home for you and that its something which has been playing on your mind quite a bit. It's good to talk these things out! And I just want to say thank you for giving me an insight into your life and the relationship with your father. I can't imagine it's something that is easy to talk about.

@OceanMaster1207 yeah this is something would like to talk more about

@j95 our parents have such a huge impact on our lives, it does make sense that you miss your dad, or you miss the opportunities you'll never have with him. 

One thing I admire about you is that you are determined to have a good relationship with your little bro. Because of you, he has a solid male role model who is there for him. I would totally understand it if you are missing having that kind of male role model in your life. Are there men in your life (relatives, or friends) who can maybe fill that role for you? Do you think that's something you'd like?

blithe

@blithe

Yeah it is something I would like but there is nobody in my life that can provide that

I just want a half decent family why is that so hard to ask for

@j95

Nothing can replace a parent, but I do hope that as you keep doing things you love in life like music and volunteering, that it brings good, caring men into your life. You deserve that. 

blithe

@j95 it is definitely true that you can't choose your family. It is something we are born into and we might wish they would change or pay more attention to us, but they don't, and if they do it may take a lot of time and effort.

As @blithe pointed out it sounds like you're leading by example in the way you look out for your little brother, it is a lot of responsibility to put on your shoulders but it also is a demonstration of how strong you are Smiley Happy But as we sort of touched on last night, who's looking out for you? Family doesn't have to be blood necessarily. Are there any relationships in your life which you value right now?

As for that fatherly bond you wish you had right now, it may be just that you haven't met that person yet, and that they will come eventually.