cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tay

I need a rest

I really feel I need a rest from all this.......

But I do not know how to get one. I can not and will not let him gain control of me there is to much of a danger risk. But I don't know how much longer the battle can keep going. 

Its breaking up my sleep. I could be sleeping peacefully and then BOOM he wakes me up but shouting and being mean. My anxiety is so high that I don't even want to have the front door to my house open. But I do not have a reasonable reason for telling my partner why I want I shut so I have to put up with it, and hide my anxiety the best I can. 

I have made a lot of progress with KHL and explaining to a lady there what has been going on and how I feel. She says I need to give my nervous system a rest, but I have no idea how and I really don't want to do it with medication.

There is also the battle I continual have because I know that none of this can be real....But yet it feels and is so real to me.....I don't know if this is a stage of depression I have never experience before but I don't like it and I want it to stop.

Im due for a holiday on Saturday inter state. I am not excited. I am scared because He normally has more control when we are out in public to deal with people. But he is mean and not nice. Im scared that because I will be in a unfamiliar environment for such a time that he will get stronger and stronger.......

Im going to go now this prop makes no sense and IM wearing myself out. I just want to sleep until it all goes away!!!!

Any body have any idears on how to rest my nervous system with out medication????

Re: I need a rest

Hi tay

Sounds rough. :/

tay wrote:

Any body have any idears on how to rest my nervous system with out medication????

I think it's about relaxation more than anything. We have a section right here on this site dedicated to it: http://au.reachout.com/Wellbeing/Mental-Fitness/Relaxation

Make sure you check out the sections on "Mindfulness", which can really help with keeping yourself in the present and staying aware of what's going on around you.

There are also some good relaxation techniques in there. See some of these ways to relax: http://au.reachout.com/Ways-to-relax and take a look at this factsheet on relaxation training for something you can try: http://au.reachout.com/Factsheets/R/Relaxation-training

Put aside some time and follow through with some of these techniques; let us know how you go! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
tay

Thank you so so so much for all of these! I am going to read them now and try them and see what works best so that i can hopefuly get a nice sleep tonight.

It is rough well atleast it feels rough to me. Anxiety and being paranoid are not fun and not at this intense leves i am getting now. Its really taking it toll on my body i am so tied. So much is happing in such a small time its crazy!

I am so glad i found this webpage!!! I think my best plan is to try all of those relaxation suggestions because im in such overdrive!!!!

thank you yet again it means a lot!

Hi tay

I know it's been a day but have you tried any yet ? I was thinking of giving it a go as well just to see what it's like and all. 

I remember doing relaxation stuff in school which was a really great experience. I should really find the time to do it like a few times each wekk. I have a few songs that I listen to when I need to relax. Not sure if you've heard The Cinematic Orchestra but their song To Build A Home is good stuff.

To Build A Home by the Cinematic Orchestra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhHKfSFGdUI

Hi Tay,

Just checking in to see how you went last night?

I've been an insomniac since I was about 12! It can be really frustrating at times, the one thing I've found is that focussing on the lack of sleep and worrying about not getting enough sleep adds to your stress and makes you sleep even worse. Easier said than done to just not worry about it though, huh?

I've downloaded a couple of relaxation apps onto my iPhone which I use to get to sleep every night (yup every single night!). I've found it's also really helpful to have a bed time routine, go to bed same time every night and do something relaxing for at least 30 mins before bed - something like reading, tv or being on the computer is too much stimulation.

Anyhoo, let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

JDx

tay

It's not just sleep i am missing out on. It almost everyday my body and brain go into overdrive. 

I tried these relaxation tips and they worked semi ok. I mean i got more sleep than i have in the last week but it was still broken and each time i woke up i had to do it again to put myself back to sleep.  The Progessive muscle relaxation was the best one so far for me. I try and exercise atleast 2 hrs a day ( soft walking) so thats ment to help me. 

Yesterday i ened up having to medicate myself because i was so unsettled and my partner has had enough. He said when we get back he want to give me a stint in a hospital, but i think he was just sayin that to see if ill snap out of it or atleast i hope thats what his plans where. I also had one before i went to sleep so that i could finally get a semi decent night sleep and i did i only woke up twice, But i am feeling groggy this morning and i have so much to do before out plane leaves tonight. 

I don't want to go on holidays i want to stay right here but i can not='(

I will take these relaxation tips away with me in hopes they help. I am gettin more nrevous and scared about my holiday and being in an unfamiliar environment where i tend to not have as much control as i wish. I guess ill just have to see how it goes!!!!

Thank you so much for all yout time and support.

Hi Tay,
Have you talked to a doc about this all?
Sounds like it's really overwhelming, but at least you're making small steps forward - if you can sleep a bit better you might find they days a bit easier.
hope the holiday goes well.

JDx
tay

Hey JAY-DEE 

I plan to tell my doctor soon. I am talking about ways to tell her with my KHL worker today because its been horrid while ive been away but its also been fantastic. 

I have had some sleep while i have been away so that has helped....but there is a new problem i have somebody in my space and i can not relax into myself now i am back its not cool. 

I just hope all goes well.

thanks for your time. 

hi Tay - i get what you mean about someone else being in your space. it can be unsettling to feel like you can't be 100% yourself
hope the KHL counsellor continues to be help and gives you the confidence to get to see the doc Smiley Happy
tay

She was nice enough to acually call my doctor for me and give her a run down om how things have been for me recently.

So that was super nice of her a KHL for letting her do  that. She was even kind enough to call me back after she had spoken to my doctor so i knew what was said and what the outcome would be.

I went to see my doctor today. The outcome is she is going to call the compunity mental health place today and talk with them to try and get me a pshycitriast to see with them or something.  She also has given me 2 tablet/wafer thingys for the night to take called olanzapine im not sure if i will be staying on the medication or not she said she wish to speak with the mental heath workers. I have to go back to my doctors tomorrow. She also wants to get a brain scan to make sure its nothing physical.

Its all so much so fast im a bit overwhelmed but i will just take this all as it comes i guess.

Thanks so much for everything.