cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I see myself

@Taylor-RO The problem with doing ANYTHING is that my mother seems to become sort of angry when I bring it up. I tried once before and she just kept trying to brush it off with this look on her face like she was mad. I don't know if it was just in my head but I'm scared of mentioning it again to her, I don't know if she's trying to avoid it because she doesn't want to believe I might have it? I think I could talk to my GP about it, she is very kind and has always tried her best to support me, but I don't know how I'm supposed to talk about it without my parents knowing, and then I don't even know if I would be able to keep any discussion about it confidential or she would have to tell them. 

Highlighted

Hi @Blurryphaced, that would be really difficult to talk to your mum about it when it seems like she gets angry. I think talking to your GP is a great idea, she sounds like someone that you trust and that you can open up to. Maybe you can talk to her about your concerns regarding confidentiality and whether she would have to tell them. Speaking about it usually helps us, so try and not keep it to yourself and talk to your GP about the options that you have, ask her about the limitations she has to work in. Open and honest communication with your GP will hopefully give you some answers.

If she has to talk to them about it, then maybe you can ask her to facilitate the conversation between you and your parents. A family counsellor can also help you with these conversations.  How does that sound?

Highlighted
how to overcome any kind of heartbreak Life is a series of highs and lows. When heartbreak comes knocking in the form of an ended relationships, broken frien...

I can really relate to a lot of what you have said in this post and such great writing. As someone without a diagnosis which made my feelings invalid, my advice is to spend time taking on your self and letting yourself what you feel within a safe place in your mind. I know that it can be tough to talk about how your feeling if you cant feel valid or accept how your feeling yourself so I think it could help you to take the time to feel comfortable talking about it with yourself if your not ready to talk about with others. Because it can help to limit some of the fears associated because it may help to make telling someone less anxiety-inducing and it can help to make you feel more prepared to talk about it. I would also suggest to journal or write like you and to find ways to release the emotions your feeling.

This video can help with that: https://youtu.be/EjmZxKN0K84

I also think like @Hannah-RO said it could be helpful to talk to GP and if you're worried about them needing to telling your parents, it could help to find out what they can/can't tell them like  @TOM-RO has said. I also think it could be useful to explain that you did meet the criteria and potentially what you have written or to have something pre-written you give to your GP before or during the session if you do decide talk to your GP.