cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I suck

I get that though @j95 it can be a bit uncomfortable and confronting to have to sit across from someone and chat about this stuff. A lot psychs these days though understand that so you could talk to them about that and different ways you both might be able to make it work?

Just catching up on this thread, does drawing work well as a strategy for you @j95? Because if it does, I’m wondering if art therapy could perhaps be an option for you. Heart

@j95 hi, I have just caught up on this thread.

When you see someone, do you always go through an referred organisation? Something I have only come across just recently are 'life coaches' as such, these are professionals who run their own organisation, or freelance council. They will be there for everything! not only counselling, I have a family member who started life coaching and her approach is so much easier than going into the office.

Most of her clients are contacted through Skype! She bases her sessions around things such as walking in a park with dogs, or maybe in a cafe setting. It is a very nice fresh approach to counselling that I always said makes it way easier to speak, so much less clinical! I feel you about sitting face to face in an office with a psyc, or councillor. Unfortunately my psychiatrists office is a bit like that, but he recommended that I bring my dog in! I sit on the floor propped up against the wall and snuggle my dog while I have my session, it helps so so so much. Maybe that is something you can explore to? (it also puts the waiting room at ease as well as everyone cuddles her hahah)

I found something that I might want to go today when I was looking online
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What was it @j95