cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT IS TOO FREAKING HOT

it has been pretty much 40 degrees for the last 2 weeks i am sick of this crap why the hell cant the stupid politicians just do something about climate change before will all die of heat stroke! it is making me so angry that i burst into tears even the air conditioned places are hot the cooling is on at home but it is still freaking hot. night is still freaking hot and so hot that i cant use any blankets so i might as well invite any mosquitoes into my room to have a party and i am just so angry i am sweating all the time and it is gross and even the shower with the cold turned on full is still luke warm! i am not ok with this i literally keep crying and not because i am sad but because i just cant stand the heat any longer. i am not coping. what does everyone else do in the heat to stop from screaming? 

Re: IT IS TOO FREAKING HOT

Hey @Eden1717 the heat really sucks doesn't it! Sorry to hear you're struggling so much with it Smiley Sad

To help me cope I always sleep with a fan on and sometimes a cold towel if it's really unbearable - cold showers help too. Have you found any ways that help you stay cool?

Definitely agree with you on the heat, I'm surprised that I haven't literally melted from the burning yet. Australian politics is very, very strange isn't it @Eden1717?
Have you tried using those cooling towels things? They're really cool and they stay cool for ages. I also keep a spray bottle by me at ALL times during the summer because I'm pretty sure I'd be a puddle on the concrete if I didn't.

Oh yes, don't even get me started on the showers! I don't even want to go in the pool because it's just as hot, if not hotter then the air, also it'll come with really bad sunburn even if you apply loads of sunscreen Smiley Sad

@Eden1717, the heat can be really unbearable this time of year - I'm so sorry to hear how much it is effecting you! 

How are you feeling today? 

Great suggestions from @annabethxchase and @May_  - I like the cold towel one. I often put a cold small towel on my forehead in bed.

The political side of things can feel really overwhelming as well. There are definitely ways you can tell your local politicians how you're feeling about climate change - such as writing a letter, signing petitions, and going to events such as the protest students went to recently , or other rallies that represent your views. Your opinion matters. Heart

@May_ @annabethxchase @gina-RO i have tried cooling towels even soaking my shirt in water and fans oh well i just have to keep slowly melting. it is just so frustrating and exhausting. 

AMEN. Just think though, it's going to get even hotter in the coming decades so just tolerate the 40s before the 45s hit lmao

Ah, yeah @Eden1717 I swear, Australia is burning hell in the summer. Definitely very exhausting, shame we can't control the weather!