cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I was gone noone would even notice...

Just kinda needed to clear my head, I work hard at my job but when it comes to the day to day life I just feel off.. I used to be popular and had a million friends and never spent a moment alone.. but I moved recently and when I am not working I barely wanna get out of bed.. I can be in my room for 3 days with no human interaction and nobody even notices I am gone. I cant even get motivated enough to take a shower, its been a week maybe 2 since my last, I dont clean, I dont cook I stay depressed most days. I try being social, dating but it doesn't work. No one really sticks around long. Met a girl just yesterday after we talked for hours a day for weeks and when we meet we were alone for maybe 5 mins and she left.. idk I am myself, im sweet, nice, talkative when I try but no one wants to be in my life and I am honestly tired of trying, idk maybe just wasting away is the key.. thanks for listening...

Re: If I was gone noone would even notice...

Hey @lostcause,

I just want to start out by saying thank you for posting on the forums, welcome. 

Sounds like you're really stuck in a rut and struggling to find motivation. You mentioined that you used to work and that now you dont... is there something you can see yourself doing? To help you form some structure and routine in your life? It could really help you having a small goal everyday. 

Do you have any other hobbies? Often, going for a little walk around the block can help lift your mood if you're looking for a quick mood-boost. I encourage you to check out this thread as well.

I will also remind you that this is a service for Australian's under 25 years of age. 

I truly hope you find some light in your life which will help you when you are feeling low. 

Lahna

Heyy @lostcause, thanks for sharing a bit of your story. I hope it helped to clear your head. Moving to a new place can be really stressful, you're outside your comfort zone without familiar faces and that support network you're used to. Do you still keep in touch with your old friends at all? Even if they're too far away to visit often now, there is always Skype and Facebook and texting. It might make you feel a bit better to hear a familiar voice.

I'm a bit worried when you say you want to fade away and that nobody would notice if you were gone, because sometimes when people make comments like that they are thinking about suicide. Can I ask if you're having thoughts of suicide? Sometimes these thoughts are not so much about dying as about wanting to find a way to escape the pain and emptiness you feel. I want to let you know that you're not alone, and with help things can get better. A good place to start is calling Lifeline on 13 11 44, or using the Next Step resources. Would you feel comfortable giving one of those a shot now?

Hey @lostcause, how are you doing today? Please let us know how you're doing and if you found the links that @Lahna shared helpful. We're here to listen.

Welcome to the forums, and I definitely don't think you're a lost cause. You can't simply rely on being noticed by others to live your life, pick up some hobbies, go out of your way to interact with others, maybe even consider volunteering your time to help a cause. Never think your life is over just because no one notices you.

Re: i will be waiting to hear from you soon

Hey @Dorisjohnson and welcome to ReachOut.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it must be very difficult for you and I wish you well. Unfortunately, RO is an anonymous website, which means we can't share personal infomation such as names, locations and emails.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!