cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ignorance and Scope

As a guy about to go into year 12, I'm in constant fear and sad about the ways in which my own head is telling me. I try to speak up to my parents about this mental gymnastics I'm going through of depression, anxiety and stress leading me to become a bumbling mess, I like to be independent and not have someone constantly watching over me like I have in my current situation. 

I've tried countless times to speak up about what I'm going through and my grades are going down just like my ability to be a person people want to be around. I've tried seeking help but being poor is making my situation worse. 

Highlighted

Re: Ignorance and Scope

Hey @Jeplar sending you a lot of love in this situation, it's a really hard one. Sounds like you're feeling somewhat suffocated. Is the core issue that you can't seem to gain any independence away from your parents? And it's in turn having a knock on effect with your emotional health? 

All that you are feeling is totally okay to feel, it makes sense too that you feel it's affecting your demeanor around others. The important thing is that you get some support and have some strategies to change this situation. Have you ever tried Kids Helpline? They have webchat and phone, totally confidential, it's also a service that can be used by 14-25 year olds. Will tag some members for their input Smiley Happy @N1ghtW1ng @Bee @lokifish @scared01 @mrmusic @annabethxchase

Highlighted

hi @Jeplar
@Bree-RO has already given some good tips here. perhaps instead of trying to talk to your parents, you could write what you would want to say and hand it to them or leave the note somewhere for them to read it. i find i write better than i speak so maybe itll work for you too.
Headspace is a free service for youn people to access counselling and get support, all you have to do is speak to your gp and being in yr 12 your over 16 so you can go to the drs yourself.
do you think thats something you would consider doing?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

@scared01 thanks for the advice on the trying to tell the situation in my head to my parents. I will try something like that. With that second point, I don't know when I would be available to have enough time to go out for it. I will see what I can do and I will keep it in my mind.

Highlighted

Hi @Jeplar,

I love @scared01‘s idea about the letter- let us know how you go with this Smiley Happy I know you have posted on the forums before about your family and wanting to talk to them about what you are going through. We want you to know we have your back 100% of the way Smiley Happy 

I’m wondering if you have spoken to your school counsellor before? 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

good luck with the letter @Jeplar

maybe its worth speaking to your school counselor as Jess meantioned, you speak to them during school hrs so it doesnt take up any time outside of school
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**