cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Im at breaking point......

I have no one to confide in so this is my only option. Long story short, after leaving an abusive marriage of 7 years, I went off on my own with my three boys. I caught up with a man i knew when I was 15 (hes 13 yrs older) and we have been inspreible ever since. Hes everything ive never had. The only problem is my 12 year old is making life really really hard. My partner has just walked out on me because he cant take it anymore. My son is obbsessive over me, wont listen to anyone and makes evryones lives hell when he doesnt get what he wants or his own way. My partner has always been patient with him and me but hes decided he cant take it anymore and if my son wants to be man of the house then he can. I have suffered depression for a very long time but my partner had opened my eyes! I have never been so happy!! We moved away due to issues with both of our exs and started a business working from home. right at this moment Im so depressed, have no one to talk to and just dont know where to turn. Along with all the other issues I just cant cope....

Highlighted

Just really need an ear....

Hi, Im new here and im not sure if im even on the right forum. I have an issue but no one to talk to. Am i in the right spot?

Re: Just really need an ear....

Yes you are in the right spot.

Also I'd to say welcome as I can see you are new here Smiley Happy. Welcome to the RO forums and I must say you've taken a really big first step, often the hardest, to getting help and dealing with your issue Smiley Happy. Well done mate!
Highlighted

Re: Just really need an ear....

Hi karmasangel, welcome to the Reach Out forums. Just letting you know I've merged your two threads here which is why the other one is gone.

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time with your son and your partner. There are always challenges when it comes to blended families, it's never quite like The Brady Bunch leads you to believe!

Try giving Parents Helpline a call. They offer a confidential counselling service specifically for parents,for th cost of a local call. You can find the number for your state or territory here.

Have you taken steps to manage your depression, like seeing a GP or a psychologist? If you are seeing a health professional, it would be a good idea to raise your current situation with them and see what they can do to help.

Most of the fact sheets on Reach Out are aimed at 14-25 year olds, so while they might not be much help for you perhaps you could show them to your son and see if anything rings true with him? Try this page on divorce or this one on conflict with parents.

Please let us know how you get on. We're always here if you need to talk it out.

Highlighted

Re: Im at breaking point......

Welcome karmasangel 

You are so brave to ask for help, it shows your strength and you should be proud of yourself for that. It's terrible what you are going through, firstly Im glad you left the abusive marriage with your boys because you all deserve better. Your son is probably going through something himself with the different changes in life as well as being a pre-teen, have you thought of going to counselling and taking your son to counselling as well? 

Its amazing that you started a business and found happiness which shows that it is there and you can get past anything because u have been through so much. Can you talk to your partner or family members? 

It's ok to feel sad and feel like you cant cope but when you were with ur abusive partner, you left and picked up the pieces and you found happiness and I know you can do it again. You just need to be positive and talk to someone, Lifeline is definitely a good place to start. 

Hope everything works out for you and please do come back let us know how u are going because we are here for you Smiley Happy 

Take care