cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Im so fucking angry

@hartley_ I can give it a shot... no clue where to start thoufh. Would they even take me seriously?
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I reckon if you took the time to write a letter they should read it and take it seriously. Whether they are able to do anything about it asap is pribably up to a lot of things that all are backed by funding $$$ but if you express your concern and maybe other people too, they might be inclined to push it to higher people or however they do things

You could ask your tutor to help with the layout of a letter. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it
Or if your tafe/uni has a library they might have academic services where they help you with writingSmiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @j95 

How about you give these guys a call or email.

Their whole reason for exisiting is to advocate for and represent young people. I agree that writing your local MP is great but these guys often have things already happening that you can then add your voice to. 

They are a good option also because I think it's not just a mental health issue it's often the experience young people have when they are looking for all sorts of help. Mental health, housing, financial, employment. Services are supposed to help you when you ring, whether you fit their criteria or not. When they don't, they're not doing what they are supposed to. The more young people that speak out, about not only how few services there are but also the many barriers they encounter when trying to get help, the better.

Just an idea. Smiley Happy

@j95 your passion and drive is amazing! I agree with @hartley_ too!! So awesometo be doing something about the shitty system 

Hey @j95 - i'd like to back up NigioC's idea. YaVic would be a great place to talk to about the lack of services for young people in Victoria. If you were up for chatting with them they are advocating to government all the time about the issues facing young people including the lack of services.

Also, we can help you write the letter here too if you like. I think you should just tell your story about being turned away from services (you've had a really rough trot with it I know) and about how you've gotten through so much on your own - you've figured out you need help you've beaten the stigma of MH & seeking help which is farther than so many get - and you want help but you just keep hitting a brick wall... i could be a powerful letter....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Sophie-RO Hey thanks!

I'll have a look at YaVic, I'm looking at their website at the moment. I might give them a call for some help. 

I will give the letter a shot - not sure where to start but I'll have a go and post on here if I need help. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//