cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is 23 to 28ish middle age?

Of course not @MemphisBelle! Age is just a number (which is said a lot, but is actually true)! Your age shouldn't define what you choose to do or choose not to do. There are people over 30 who consider themselves young adults! The most important thing to remember is to stay happy, which can only be possible through your hobbies. Nobody said anything about an age limit on any hobby, so you shouldn't set one for yourself!

@MemphisBelle There is nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't think a "dumb" hobby exists. If a hobby is enjoyable for you and contributes to your wellbeing then in my opinion, it is a "smart" hobby. 

@MemphisBelle  100%! We are still very green around the ears in the grand scheme of things! It's a good thing!

It is definitely not middle-aged! However, I hope that I get to do my silly hobbies my whole life. I especially like reading children's books and fairytales. I am 22 and I think the stories are so sweet and remind me of the simple facts and truths of life. 

@MemphisBelle definitely not middle age Smiley Happy given that life expectancies are 80-90 these days, you dont technically reach middle age til about 40-50, and even at that point you still have so much life to live and time to figure out what you like and find fulfilling Heart

Hi @MemphisBelle !

I would not consider that age range to be middle age at all, I think that it does fall under young adult, or simply just adult. But just because you are one does not mean you need to grow out of your interests and childlike wonders. I actually think it's important that as we grow old, we don't lose that spark and that part of us.

Also in my Uni studies for psych, I learned that life activities and milestones (getting a job, getting promoted, getting a house, etc) will not be reached the same for everyone, and that is completely okay. So if you were worried that you weren't "growing up" fast enough or something like that, don't be!

I personally think you are doing great friend Smiley Happy

Re: Is Is still weird to like something from childhood even through I’m 23 e

I have always liked Sesame Street when i was younger and i still do in fact for a few months i had Elmo as my phone wall paper is that something i should feel embarrassed about especially when i unlock my phone and someone sees my Elmo wallpaper in public....

@Love_elmo77 I think it's pretty cool you have a wallpaper that you like or that makes you happy.

I agree with @Tiny_leaf, something that makes you happy is pretty cool Smiley Happy Elmo is also a pretty cool character, so I can understand why you have him as your wallpaper!

@MemphisBelle @Love_elmo77 These aren't silly questions at all so don't feel like they are! I understand how it feels to love things which seem to be geared towards a different demographic to me now. But I wanted to add... adults our age and even older are the content creators for all of these wonderful things we've enjoyed maybe from our childhood to now! What would happen to the world if we didn't have people like the creator of Pokemon or Disney Pixar who refused to listen if people said their interests weren't 'adult' enough? I heard a saying which is 'grow old, not up' and that's the way I try and live my life Smiley Very Happy