cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Issues

I've been flung into a situation I cannot get out of. So I have done 'bad' behavior and my mum/step-dad are mad bat-shit outta hell. So all I did was use my iPad in my room late at night and my brother found out and told my mum and step-dad, which lead to a fight that made me lash out at myself and them, went into my room and punched a massive hole into the wall. Which leads me on to the point that my mum and step-dad are now forcing me to stay with my dad (by the way, is now unemployed and lives with my grandmother in her home) once he comes back from a holiday which happens to be this weekend. This has made me so angry and sad at myself and leads me down the rabbit hole of me either dying or running away.

Highlighted

Re: Issues

Hey @Jeplar, that doesn't sound good.  I'm sorry you're having a tough time with your family, but I'm glad you posted here so that we can talk through it.

First, I want to make sure that you're safe.  If at any point you feel like you're not and you need extra support, you can call Kids HelpLine on 1800 55 1800, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

We are here to support you Heart

Highlighted

@Lola-RO

I am safe right now because I'm at school however I won't be able to call based on the fact that as part of 'punishment' for my bad behavior is having my things taken off me (phone, laptop, iPad, etc.)
Highlighted

@Jeplar oh that does make things quite tricky for you (without your phone and laptop), but it is still really important that you reach out to someone, especially if you are having thoughts of suicide.

Please consider borrowing a phone at school, (or a friend's etc) to call the numbers @Lola-RO mentioned above. 

Otherwise, I know it can seem scary, but reach out to a teacher, or another adult you can trust and tell them if you are feeling unsafe, as soon as you can.

I can only imagine how difficult your situation is. Please remember that there are supports out there, and you don't have to do it alone. 

Some of our other members may have support and insights to offer you from their own experiences, and can go on the journey with you. 

Please let us know how you're doing. Smiley Happy We believe in you. 

@gina-RO

I am doing not too well, emotions are very high and I can't really build up confidence to ask to borrow a phone and go up to a school counselor.
Highlighted

Hi @Jeplar, is there a teacher you’ve had in the past who you liked and feel you can trust?  If you can approach them, they can help you to meet with the counselor and it won’t feel like such a huge step to take by yourself.

Highlighted

@Lola-RO

Not really, ever since moving to the new school its been difficult with teachers.
Highlighted

Okay, that sounds really tough.  

We sent you an email yesterday - did you see it?  If not, can you please try to have a look at it soon, and reply?  Heart

Highlighted

@Lola-RO

I received the email and have since responded to it, I don't really get too much time to check emails whilst I can use the computer
Highlighted

Hi @Jeplar, - Thanks for getting back to our email - we've received your reply as well Smiley Happy 

It's great to see you on the forums again today. It is indeed a true testament to your strength that you're here today! 

I totally get that it can be really difficult to work up the confidence to speak to a counselor, or teacher - or even to borrow a phone. 
Is there anyone else that you trust, that you can speak to about how you're feeling?