cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

It all just feels so heavy

I don't know, everything just feels lethargic, tiring, exhausting.
I feel good, I come up for air, breathe, feel happy, and then just like that I am drowning again, suffocating under layers of nothingness, bleak and dark.

Does anyone get this? What can I do? I want to help myself, I need to help myself, life goes on so how can I move on with it Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Re: It all just feels so heavy

Hey @lmor welcome to ReachOut and I am super sorry to hear about how you're feeling but you've taken a great first step by jumping online to get peer support.

Just wondering how long you've been feeling this way? Has anything happened particularly or just kind of this ongoing heaviness? 

This ReachOut article is really good it is all about self help strategies for when we're feeling down. 

Look forward to hearing from you Heart

Highlighted

How are you feeling today @lmor?

I hope RO is able to provide you with some strategies and support to lift you out of that heavy place.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

I'm probably your first non-mod text. But I know exactly how you are feeling. I once felt like that but you know the lion kind? Yeah, there's a song called 'Hakuna matata' which means no worries. Honestly, it's a great quote to live by. Life a life with no worries and you'll live a life with no regret.
Hakuna Matata my friend.
Highlighted

Today was probably better. I got a good night sleep after a few hours of tossing and turning and felt just generally better. But I always just feel that the darkness is around the corner, just waiting to jump out. I am almost scared of it, or scared of what it can do to me
Highlighted

@lmor glad to hear that yesterday was a little better Smiley Happy just wondering if you've spoken to a GP about feeling tired/down all the time?

Both my parents are medical and I'm fairly open with them. I have seen a physiologist multiple times, last year for about 6 months. I just don't find it helps that much

And I found I would just not be totally truthful about how I was feeling as I was embarrassed about it (if it wasn't already anchois the whole self esteem thing is fairly low)
Highlighted

@lmor it's great that you're able to be fairly open with your parents about how you're feeling.

Maybe you could try seeing a psychologist again, this time telling them a bit more about what's really going on for you? It can be super hard opening up, especially to someone you've never met, especially if you feel embarrassed.

It could be about reminding yourself that the psychologist won't judge you. All they want to do is to help you, and they can only do that if they have a clear picture of what's going on for you.

Do you think that's something you could try?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

hello @lmor

how are you going? have you found any of the coping strategies to be useful? i can give you some other ones if you like as well

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**