cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me: (hijacked with random questions)

No I don't, but I hope he's okay! Yup please do get some sleep!

Ooh I just worked out that we are not clones because you answer my posts like a normal person, from the beginning to the end but I literally start at the end because it's closer to the quick reply text box, then go to the beginning and work my way through to make sure I've addressed everything. So we process things in a different order. Or maybe it's just because you're using the normal reply function! You know how I know that!? Because you never accidentally tag "lost" instead of me and that happens to everyone cause there's a glitch with quick reply! Wait what am I talking about

They are kinda insignificant. I wouldn't so much call it big hearts as much as constantly thinking about everything everyone who might acknowledge our existence thinks of us and then jumping to conclusions and forming attachments to the safest most consistent people. But big hearts works too!

Well, I was too scared so asked someone in authority to keep me safe... Isn't that cowardly!? Actually I didn't want to be kept safe I just have a problem with not being able to lie to people because they could have found out and I'd get into even more trouble? Idk
Highlighted

😮 You're telling me there's a glitch with us?!?! Lol Also, what even is the difference between the two reply options? I don't get it, although I've never actually tried quick reply tbh! 

Would you even have his contacts if you wanted to contact him? Like are you allowed to stay in touch with people you meet in hospital? I can't remember if I've asked you this before? I feel like I might have asked you for group maybe? Sorry.. sleepy brain is kicking in!! 

Ahahahaha well.. ya nailed it there but let's just go with big hearts! It's how it's listed in my shredded up self-compassion brochure ahahaha or was I should say.. lol RIP. 

Yeah, I get the not lying to people feeling! But I'm also VERY thankful you asked to be kept safe. That truly shows guts and is something to be EXTREMELY proud of! I know I'm proud of you ❤ 

I'm gonna try get some sleep now but will chat tomorrow sometime! If I'm not on the fourms as much it'll be due to dodgy wifi but I'll try my best to check in! Also could be cause a bush pig has taken me... 🤣🤣🤣

Highlighted

I didn't actually meet him in hospital lol! I met him at the centre our CM works at. Ya, there's a glitch with the quick reply, don't use it to tag me, it never works! I do have his contacts but wouldn't contact him.. You actually CAN stay in contact with people from hospital though, you just can't visit them for 6 weeks or something? I never made friends in hospital but I do know that! HAHA the brochure and bush pig. Get some sleep please!!
Highlighted

oh my god did we independently bring up the wild pig thing on the different threads.. oh dear
Highlighted

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5  just wanted to say that I'm glad you were able to vent about what you went through in hospital here, and you don't sound like you were a coward at all, you sound incredibly freaking brave. 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO I think everyone is brave, really. We just survive as best we can with whatever is going on. I was coping as best as I could so I could get out of there
Highlighted

This might sound a little odd, but did you find you were able to relate to others in hospital? Or did you just feel super out of place? 

Highlighted

Yah I did but I learnt after a few stays NOT to talk to anyone. I kept either getting scared by people sharing detailed stories of abuse, or getting hurt by people. Like this one kid I mentioned who I was starting to befriend because I was finally moved to the ward with people my age. Yeah it's best not to talk to anyone in there and get out as fast as you can, that's my motto! Like 80% of the people in there are absolutely fine but I learnt it was safer just to be invisible.

Have you ever been to hospital for a mental health thing @MB95?

Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 @MB95  I think it really depends on the people you meet there I have some really good friends who I met in hospital but I think you just have to have clear boundaries from the start and know that you aren’t there to keep each other safe but that you can talk openly and not be responsible for each other. Like you can have healthy relationships with people you meet in hospital but idk it needs to be set up in a healthy way to begin with. I must say though that is much easier when it is all adults, the times I was on wards with people under 18 it was a lot more chaotic and there were talks of pacts and stuff that really wasn’t ok but I think that it is harder to know how to moderate yourself in relationships when you are younger anyway so add in mental health issues and a need for human connection in a pretty isolating environment that a psych ward can be and it is almost a recipe for a disaster. I don’t mean to sound like I am attacking anyone that is just my experience and it is hard because often you do relate really well to others there so you can end up in really close relationships really quickly but it is not a natural environment and where you are relatively safe to talk about difficult stuff in the hospital (because there is a safety net with the staff there if things get too heavy) when you get back into the real world that support for both of you isn’t there in the same way so it can get tricky to know how to interact in a safe way. 

Highlighted

Yeah that makes so much sense @Lost_Space_Explorer5 @Eden1717. I was always just wondering cause there's been a few times I've almost gone but then it scares me that I will feel so out of place and everyone will look at me so I don't end up going. I've never been admitted. It's been suggested a few times but it just scares me so I opt out lol