cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me: (hijacked with random questions)

@Maddy-RO  Yeah it is definitely over diagnosed I think and I think it is even worse because that particular diagnosis comes with so much stigma from everywhere that it can really impact the persons self esteem and experience with seeking help. Which it shouldn’t regardless of if it is an accurate diagnosis for the person or not, that label or any label shouldn’t make it harder for you to receive help and support. I know it made it harder for me because a lot of my first experiences with the system where under that diagnosis and it ended up with me being a lot less trusting of health professionals and also just not telling people what was going on because I assumed they wouldn’t listen anyway. I just hate that it has such a bad name because honestly to me BPD is just a sign of someone who has been through a lot and is doing the best they can to cope while not really having the skills they need to do that. But it is seen as other things and I really think the stigma isn’t helping anyone. 

Highlighted

I totally, totally agree with everything you've said @Eden1717 

The stigma that people with BPD face in both the mental health field, and in the general community, is honestly, just shit. No diagnosis should be something that prevents a person from getting help, particularly not from those who are supposed to be providing help. It makes a lot of sense that you'd be suspicious of health professionals if they didn't give you the support you needed because of a diagnosis (regardless of what it was). 

A lot of new research in the field suggests that BPD is in fact a sign that someone has been through some difficult stuff, and part of the disorder is how people react and process things which have happened to them in the past. There is also increasing acknowledgment in the health field about how people with BPD are treated by the system, and more and more people are changing their behaviour so that their patients can get the treatment they need and deserve. 

Highlighted

Highlighted

For what? 🤨 Smiley Tongue What have you done this time @Bananatime04?! Smiley Tongue Broken the 'the last post wins' thread again? Smiley Tongue

Hehe, but really, I don't know what you're saying sorry for?? I'm so confused
Highlighted

Okay that was all just emojis, why do I use so many emojis!?
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  How have you been going lately? 

Highlighted

I've been going okay, thanks for checking in @Eden1717 How are you?
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  That is good. I am going, having a weird day but that is not unusual I guess. 

Highlighted

I know I've been shit but I'm thinking of you <3

Highlighted

@Eden1717 sorry to hear you keep having weird days Smiley Sad Is there anything I can do to help?

@MB95 Did we just check in on each other at the same time 🤦‍♀️? But thanks that means a lot ❤