cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me

Hey @MB95 sorry for my slow response, I was trying to avoid thinking about things 😅

I'm sorry to hear you had another rough day 😢 I hope you'll start feeling better soon. Thanks for being supportive, I hope you are being supported too! It's weirdly easier to help others even when you can't help yourself, so I hope you are okay!

(Re: feeling abandoned) I think just talking it through and coming to terms with it all has helped. My treating team aren't planning on discharging me until after I get through uni exams etc. so that's a comfort. I'm not feeling as sad but more grateful about the time I had to talk to my counsellor. I tried to cope yesterday by getting control of other parts of my life in a not so healthy way but I'm okay now.
Highlighted

Hey @Janine-RO,
Thanks for checking in, I'm doing okay! How are you? Smiley Happy
Highlighted

I am glad that you have found talking through it to be helpful @Lost_Space_Explorer5. It sounds like they are being really considerate by supporting you until you are finished your uni exams. I know how stressful uni exams can be ! It sounds like you are feeling a bit better about the situation overall and it is good to hear that you are feeling positive about your talk with the counsellor. I am glad to hear that you are okay now after you tried an unhealthy coping strategy. We are here to chat if you would like to talk about this further Heart

Highlighted

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5 , I'm sorry you feel that way. I understand the anxiety etc when getting a new therapist and trying to trust them, it's happened to me a lot. I understand at the moment too because I'll be changing GPs tomorrow so I'm a bit anxious but also relieved too.

I won't leave you, I'm here for you if you want to talk anytime. Sorry I'm seeing your post now though. How are you?

Highlighted

That is totally fine @Lost_Space_Explorer5. I get wanting to avoid thinking about things, it often feels so much easier until it isn't haha I hope that soon enough the pain of thinking about it will start to ease for you ❤ I'm very glad to hear your treating team are going to stick with you through the exam period - I'm currently in exam time too so can totally relate to the additional stressors that come with it! So I'm glad they have acknowledged that and are going to support you through it - they sound like a great team to have behind you and I can see why you'd be feeling the way you have been! Hang in there ❤ I'm sorry to hear yesterday was rough with coping strategies but unfortunately sometimes I just feel like we've gotta do what we've gotta do to get by, even if it means we aren't making the healthiest of choices.. just know we are always here for support if you need to talk it out!! 

I also just wanted to say I really appreciate you checking in on me too - I couldn't agree more when you say it's so much easier to support others than yourself!! It's such a strange way it all works but I guess majority of us feel the same way so at least we're in it together 🤣

I hope today was a lot easier for you! ❤

What are you studying by the way? If you don't mind me asking that is!! 

Highlighted

Sorry I'm so slow at replying!

Hey @musicfan_xo, thanks for checking in, I'm doing okay! How are you? I hope your new GP appointment goes well! I am actually terrified of going to see GPs for some reason so I can sympathise! Just GPs, no other medical practitioners. So strange.

Hey @MB95, I hope exam prep is going well! I'm studying psychology, what about you? And I totally agree, sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do to get by! And yup, helping others is totally some sort of coping mechanism. I always try to fix my family instead of myself 😅

@TOM-ROYep they are very considerate! It's a bit easier to say goodbye to my treating team because I can come say hi after they've discharged me, but I'll never hear from my counsellor again. I'm saying goodbye to my counsellor tonight and I don't know what to say 😞

Highlighted

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5 , thank you.

I just got back from seeing my GP, he's very nice, much more helpful and informative (he told me stuff I didn't even know about which is good) than the other GP. And he said he'll actually prescribe me my meds unlike the other one, so thats a miracle in itself.

I'll keep seeing him now, he said see him again in 1-2 weeks to talk about things properly so thats a relief.

I understand, seeing new professionals is hard, but it helps when they're polite, like this GP was. I hope you find a good professional etc too if you're looking for one.

How are you?

Highlighted

@musicfan_xo Ooh, sounds like this GP is a good one! I might have to find a new phone counsellor, but they're usually all pretty lovely. Yeah, I'm good, overwhelmed by study, but getting by. That's so weird your old GP didn't prescribe your meds?!
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 sorry to hear about studying. I left school in year 10 (2015) because of  bullying and I was getting physically ill everyday (vomiting etc), I wish I stayed but oh well. I'm 20 (21 this year) so I don't want to go back to school. I don't study because I can't afford it and don't have a job (never have) but I'm looking into it. I was told to apply for the NDIS (i'll try next week sometime) because they may help. I have PTSD so don't want to study because of it anyway, and don't know what I want to study. I'm a failure sigh.

But anyway, yes the new GP is good. And no the old GP wouldn't prescribe me anything even if I politely asked her, she just said "speak to your Psychiatrist, get  him to prescribe them for you" every time so I've only seen that GP about 3 times or so because I was just wasting my time. I told the new GP this.

My Psychiatrist was getting frustrated at this, he's in Sydney and I'm in Victoria so I see him on a Telehealth company, he had to send them to me in the mail and sometimes they got lost.

Good luck with the studying

Highlighted

@musicfan_xo Oh no, I'm sorry to hear school was not a good experience for you! 🙁 If it helps, there are many people in your position so no it does not make you a failure! No one is really a failure, people do their best in the conditions they are put through. It sounds like you're a fighter, seeing you have had to fight to get the help you deserve! It's cool you're on a search for a job, I've never had a job either hehe (and I'm the same age as you!). Studying definitely isn't for everyone, and sometimes people decide to study at later points in their life when they know what they want to do. Maybe thinking about what you're interested in or what you value could put you on the path towards pursuing something you'll enjoy! Or you could talk to a career support person or something? I'm not sure