cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me

I'm the same! Like your psych isn't meant to judge you but I'm so scared to open up incase she does 😂

Thanks! Have all your assessments finished for the semester? 

Highlighted

No I haven't, @MB95! I've got 3 to go Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Oh wow @Lost_Space_Explorer5!! And when do your exams start? Or did they change your exams to assignments like the did with some of mine?

Highlighted

@MB95 I haven't actually started my final exams yet, they start next week! Yeah two of them are "take home" exams. But one of them I just have to complete online as if it were an exam
Highlighted

Yeah mine are the same @Lost_Space_Explorer5! How are you feeling about them all? I'm not sure about you but I SUCK with technology so not quite looking forward to my exam being online!

Highlighted

@MB95, haha oh no! I'm so afraid my internet will drop out or something. I'm not feeling great about them, I spent the entire day today doing nothing Smiley Sad I was trying to coax myself into even doing 5 minutes of study tonight but I was too scared to even look at how much I have to cram. Classic avoidance learning... Smiley Sad Do you have any tips? Smiley Tongue

How're you going today? Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Yeah I'm worried about that too @Lost_Space_Explorer5 !! Do you have the option to sit them on campus if you want to? I know with my uni you could register to sit them on campus and they have rooms set up with social distancing and stuff in place. I ended up applying for it cause I already don't do well with exams so needed to keep things as normal as possible so am very thankful my uni has those measures in place! Could be worth checking out?

Hmmm.. I am also quite the procrastinator haha especially when I know there is so much I have to do and it is going to overwhelm me, I don't do well in those situations and always manage to make it worse for myself! I'd say maybe just allow yourself to take the night off tonight? By the sounds of it you might need it? Just be kind to yourself about it and don't feel guilty for taking the night off to relax. I know for me if I try and force study I don't end up in a good headspace.. 

My advice would be to try and get a decent sleep tonight and then tomorrow just start off small. Don't look at it all at once, overwhelming yourself with everything that needs to be done never ends well (for me anyway..) so just break it all down into much smaller and achievable tasks. I always find if I set myself a real easy task to start with I feel so much better for actually being able to accomplish it that it then encourages me to continue onto the next thing.. does that make sense? Sorry that was all so long!! I'm in a bit of a chatty and rambling mood tonight haha 

As for me, thanks for checking in, I really do appreciate it! <3

I'm getting there slowly.. I managed to hand in my last major assignment today which was a great feeling so that's definitely a positive! 

How's things with you? 

Highlighted

Woah, no @MB95, my uni doesn't have that option, that's so cool! Yeah sounds like a good plan, I'll start afresh tomorrow Smiley Happy Hehe, as for rambling, I posted an essay on your other thread so I win Smiley Tongue (Just kidding)

Noicee with the final assignment! How many exams do you have to sit?

I'm going okay, a little wobbly today but getting there as well Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Wait wait wait wait... I lied.. They DO have an option to sit exams in uni. Spoke too soon there Smiley Happy

Edit: My only 'online' (not take home) exam is in the evening though. I don't know if I wanna be at uni until 7pm Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted

Yeah I guess that's kind of true @Lost_Space_Explorer5 - it can feel like an extremely long day being there till late! I have to say though, I have had a few later nights at my uni recently while a friend and I were trying to get our assignments done and it was kind of nice. It was super quiet and just a nice kind of atmosphere to be around - felt like we were all in it together in a way? Everyone there just trying to get by and pass during these crazy times!! Do you have somewhere quiet and comfortable at home you plan to sit your exam?

I loved the ramble haha so it's all good! I struggle to keep my messages short! I'm trying so hard to get better at it but it doesn't always work out lol I did this research thingo for RO where they were asking for feedback on the new and improved forum set-up and I recommended live chats. Turns out I wasn't the only one who did! Sometimes I just feel like it would be nice to have a chat thingo like FB where we can talk back and forth!

So I only have to sit one this semester thank goodness!! I had one at the beginning of the year because I had an intensive so got a subject over and done with in two weeks!! Then I was meant to have a written and an oral for my OT but they turned both into major assignments which is what I just handed in! So now just one exam and I'm doneeee! Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear you're getting there. If you feel like talking about anything please don't hesitate to get it out! I'm here to listen if you need it! 

I also have two more questions from this 200 questions site I found the other day to keep us distracted from life and uni haha .... 

1) What would you rate 10/10?

2) What skill would you like to master?