cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Just feeling down

Nah, skateboard art using poscas @Jess1-RO  what a dumb idea 

definitely not attempting to shape my own surfboards after that waste of time 

Im really happy for him, I have a lot of confidence he will make the most of the opportunity and really learn a lot, hopefully can get some more independence from it. Just had to find someone patient and willing to give him the opportunity and see past his mistakes. Really worried he isn’t going to get there if I’m not home but that’s the letting go thing I need to work on. 

That's great you feel confident in him @Saltwaterdreamtime! A really big part of empowering someone is giving them the opportunity to take steps forward, knowing that they can still turn to you if they need a hand along the way but that they have the strength and ability within them to take that step themselves. You have done an amazing job getting him to this point! With your trust and support, he will be going into this job with the best chance to succeed Smiley Happy

I can imagine letting go would be really hard Heart I really relate to this feeling at the moment in stepping back from supporting someone in my family and giving them the opportunity to step up. I have found that telling myself "I can trust them" and that "they will come to me if they need me" helps me feel less anxious about stepping back. Is there anything that helps you when you take a step back?

I hope that you can feel proud of everything you have done for him!

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

He absolutely killed it @Jess1-RO he did awesome, so so proud 

That's brilliant @Saltwaterdreamtime! So happy to hear he did well! I can hear the the pride in your post- he is very lucky to have your support Smiley Happy

@Jess1-RO Yeah pretty happy, going to let him have a few weeks of enjoying
the money before I ask him for a little bit of rent haha I’m not mean

Very kind of you to give him a chance to get some savings behind him first Smiley Happy

Will your brother live with you long term?

@Jess1-RO yeah at the moment I would say so, and that’s fine, as long as it like what I said at the start - not as much of a support relationship but rather a brother/mate relationship. Once it starts to get difficult and I’m taking too much of that looking after role it’s time for some space. 

I think now that he has a job and is earning his own money that helps.