cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Just rambling

Sounds like you had a nice long chat with your half brother @Saltwaterdreamtime . Hopefully it was good for you to catch up with him ! Do you have anything planned with your family over this weekend?

Highlighted

@Sophia-RO packing haha!
Highlighted

My brother text me mum’s number but I don’t know if I’m going to do anything with it
Highlighted

hey @Saltwaterdreamtime

first of all I'm really happy to hear that you guys got a place, congratulations!!! that must be such a relief to have found somewhere!

Secondly, it's a big big decision to reach out, and it's ok to take your time with whether you want to reach out/how you want to reach out Heart maybe you can check back in with us tomorrow with your thoughts, and what you've considered?

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO i don’t know, which tells me maybe no. 
I’m trying to really back myself in decisions I make lately, when I’ve made it I’ve made it, stand my ground but this one I can’t even make 

Highlighted

that's ok @Saltwaterdreamtime, I totally get what you mean. It is a huge decision, and I find that those are always the more difficult to process and decide on. There are a couple of strategies you could use to help think about the situation, like a pros and cons list etc. but honestly, even just sitting with the decision, and waiting until your confident in your choice is totally a valid choice! A lot of the time your brain works in the background weighing up things, without us even consciously realising. It's ok to give yourself the space to breathe and not rush things Heart 

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO I am going to call her, just a check in I reckon, could go either way depending on how things are going for her, could be happy to hear from me or just real pissed off 

Highlighted

Hope the call goes alright @Saltwaterdreamtime, feel free to keep us updated if you're comfortable, we'll be thinking of you Heart

Also how did packing go on the weekend? Were you able to get a bit done?

Highlighted

I just sent a text @Hannah-RO Might only seem half as meaningful but I don’t think it’s fair to kind of catch her off guard, no forewarning with a phone call.... if she wants to talk to me she will otherwise whatever, don’t. 

We got a little bit done. We’ve been spending our nights getting organised so had lots of late ones. It’s hard to pack when you still have to live.... 😬 

Highlighted

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime , 

A text sounds like a really good way to approach a tough situation like that, like you said, a phone call out of the blue could be a lot to handle for both of you. So I think a text is the perfect solution.. I don't think it's half as meaningful at all. It's protecting yourself and protecting her a bit as well from the sounds of things. 

Good luck with the packing, moving with kids is a special breed of awful and it sounds like you're doing a great job of getting through it. Is your little guy excited about moving to a new place? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here