cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Friends

Everytime I have a new bunch of friends this girl called Issy would come and suddenly be there friend, taking my friends away from me. It's happened twice already and I have no idea what to do! It annoys me so much because Issy already has friends and now I don't have friends! School is starting next year and i don't want to be a loner...I don't know what to do.

Re: Leaving Friends

Hey @DistancePerson - welcome to Reach Out! It sounds like you're pretty good at making new friends, and the next school year is still a couple of months away so don't worry just yet! Is there something that prevents people from being friends with both you and Issy at the same time?

Hey  @ElleBelle me and Issy don't like each other . So being friends with her wouldn't work out becaause Issy is a very controling person and likes bossing her friends around while i am the opposite. I don't know what to do!! 

Hey @DistancePerson sorry to hear that Issy has been taking your friends away from you, like @ElleBelle said, the school year is still a while away, and you have plenty of opportunities to meet new friends. It sounds like Issy is not the kind of person you would want to be friends with, if she is controlling and bossy, maybe your friends will soon realise who she really is. In the mean time, theres so many ways you can meet friends, through work, volunteering, sports... Would you consider trying to talk to your old friends? 

Let us know how you go Cat Happy

Hey @jvkn I don't think I would. I didn't have a lots of friends in primary school and my high school friends all have their little group already. I want to try doing some activities to get new friends but I can't find any and it's so hard also, becuase I don't have any friends now becuase of Issy
Highlighted

Hi @DistancePerson , I was in much the same boat as you when I transitioned from primary school to high school, as I went to a high school in a different zone so I was the only person from my primary school that went there, and everybody already had their group of friends that went to the same primary school as them. It can definitely make it more difficult! But at the same time I benefited a lot from that, because I didn't stick to the same old friends and I was forced out of my comfort zone into making brand new friends, which I really appreciate now. All I can say is just be yourself, and don't worry about Issy, high school relationship can be quite volatile at the start but once people start really knowing each other then perhaps they will realise Issy is not such a great friend after all. And as @jvkn recommended it's always good to try new things, play some sports, join some clubs at school or outside of school, doing things with people who share common interests is a great way to connect and create friendships Smiley Happy