cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Life: Mental Health and Study

@Bee I see! I was going to see if I could help, but accounting is not my area, haha. I've heard it is pretty hard Smiley Sad

It is possible to book in with a tutor for some extra support? Also, I know that universities usually have academic support (I'm assume it's still around via video-call despite COVID) where you can get support for writing, math, statistics etc. (it might vary depending on the uni). I used to get my assignments read over before I submitted them which I found really useful.  Do you know if there's anything similar at your University/TAFE? Otherwise, it might be an idea to ask another student for support? Or to email your teaching back asking for some help and to catch up over Zoom or something.

Sorry for the 1,000 suggestions. You've probably already thought of them, but I thought I'd mention them just in case!!

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO haha all good, it's so hard. I knew I didn't want to go into the accounting field and ba an accountant, yet I bloody well found myself enrolled in diploma of accounting 😂

There's no place to ask fot a tutor in my town as my local TAFE doesn't teach accounting - I'veasked previously when I was doing cert 4 and I was told that no one on the TAFE campus would be able to help me. I would literally have to into an accounting firm and ask for help, but I feel like that would be so silly because of how little I know and understand, that it would probably just be a waste of time for that person. Especially with tax season approaching.

I wish I could email another student, at least learning with someone is more enjoyable, but thats not allowed either with the course, wr have no contact or clue who else is studying the course amywhere in Australia Smiley Sad 

I can call for help, but they would probably reject a zoom request

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Does anyone have any tips for taking notes or even learning content from a book?
How do you get through wordy texts and comprehending new content?

Most of this unit is learnt through reading a book, and while I can ring a teacher for help, it always feels harder because you're reliant on voice, and no visuals which is hard for me.

I finally managed to finish the second assessment and resubmit.

I know listening to music helps me, so Spotify is my go-to for different non-lyrical music.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart