cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifelong?

Still lonely, still have no one to talk to, still won't call a helpline.  Why won't I let myself get help?

Re: Lifelong?

Sorry to hear that @FootyFan26

What do you feel is holding you back?
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

I don't know @ClCl. Whatever it is is stupid. I should be able to stay on the phone for longer than ten seconds. Or speak up but instead I sit and think about how I should get help.

It can be hard the gap between knowing you want to get help and actually being able to do it.

Each time you try though you get a bit closer @FootyFan26!

What help have you been trying to get recently that you are having trouble with?
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Any.

What help would you like? Sorry that might be a bit broad, let me rephrase.

What sort of help do you think would help you at the moment @FootyFan26? (such as a phone call, something ongoing, something face to face...)

Some type of thing where I can hear or see something human.

I can't handle it anymore.

Could you try to use that as motivation to stay on the phone for an additional 10 seconds when you try calling a helpline next time @FootyFan26?

So hold out for the usual 10 seconds but then when you are about to hang up, remember that it will be another human on the other end and they will be there just for you, to listen to anything you want to say, even if you ask to just sit quietly with them for a little bit there will still be another human on the other end of the phone line. Would that thought help you stay on for longer?

These are not things you should have to handle on your own @FootyFan26. There are people out there who are willing to help you through it, help you to handle it.