cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Lifelong?

Hey @FootyFan26, @ClCl has some great ideas with trying to hold on a little longer. How do you feel about challenging yourself incrementally? Like, 'I'll try 15 seconds this time and see how I feel'. Is that something you could consider trying?

Aside from that, what steps do you feel you could take at this point? For example, you might not be able to make a call but maybe you could write a script of what you would say if you did.

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 how are you today? Remember you deserve help. It can be pretty daunting at first, but you can get there. Have you tried online chat? Do you think it'll be easier?
Highlighted

Hey @FootyFan26,

This must be really difficult for you because reaching out for help can be really overwhelming and daunting!

I'd like to remind you that you CAN do it... your doing it right now. Everyone replying to you on Reach Out: the mods, and other users, are all humans wanting to help you through a hard time. You've been so courageous in seeking help on the Forums, and we believe that you will (even if it takes you a while to build up to it) be able to talk to someone on the phone about stuff too.

How does it feel when your talking to someone on the other end of the line? Would it help if you wrote some things down to say on the phone? 

Lahna

Highlighted

Hey @FootyFan26 

What do you think about @Creativegirl12's idea about the online chat? When I first started reaching out I chose the online chat through Kid's Helpline, because I'm no good with phone calls. It could be a good way to get a feel for it and then you might feel ready to take it a step further with a call. I also want to congratulate you on making the choice to try and call in the first place, it's such a brave thing to do. 

Highlighted

Sorry for not replying, I really do appreciate your replies and have read them a couple of times.  The info just isn't staying.  Web chat I've tried and hasn't worked and since then I haven't tried calling KHL.

Things aren't getting better but I just have to deal with it.

Highlighted

Did the web chat not work technically @FootyFan26, or didn't work in the sense that you weren't helped by it? Progress might be slow but you are taking steps towards getting support, which you should be proud of. You've also identified that the key is getting the info to stick, so perhaps we could all chat about some way to help it sink in. Would you be up for that?

Highlighted

It didn't help @ElleBelle. With the info bit I was referring to the replies in this thread.
Highlighted

That's alright @FootyFan26, it's still something we can work on. Sounds a bit counter-intuitive but hey, let's give it a shot! When you say that the info doesn't stay, do you read it and accept it at the time or do you feel resisitance even then?

Highlighted

I read it and appreciate it but writing replies is a pain. I've always been pretty resistant and like to challenge things so there's always a little bit of that. Whether that is on my reply depends.
Highlighted

You've been pretty open about being resistant to trying things @FootyFan26, and I really appreciate your honesty about it. If you know where the roadblock is, you can start to work on it. You've got a rebel's heart and that's pretty punk rock Smiley Happy

You don't have to reply to us if you don't want to - except when we're checking that you're safe! I know it might seem impolite, but stuff it - we'd rather you reply when you feel up to it, than feel forced to do anything.