cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lonely and just wanting someone to care..

Thanks @TOM-RO - that's super helpful! 

I'm going to try and put some time aside tomorrow afternoon to try and find a few places I'm interested in! I'm just feeling pretty positive at the moment and wanting to make some friends so know I've gotta just get in and do it! 

And you're not wrong.. faking it till you make it does let out some positive thoughts! It's been working wonders for me today!!! I FINALLY accomplished two things I've been absolutely terrified of for months 😊 I managed to walk to the end of my street AND I managed to go for a run on this quiet little track behind my house!! Double win!! Sorry, I know it's pathetic but I'm on a bit of a high and just so proud of myself for actually doing it!! Feels amazing!! 😊

Hey @MB95 

It's great to hear from you! Sorry that it took me a while to reply as I myself struggle quite a bit with depression and sleep problems so I might not be able to log on to the forums every day.

Great to hear that you are feeling a lot better and that your psychologist has weekly check-ins with you. For me, it helps just to think about that I will be speaking to a mental health professional soon. When I am feeling very bad, I would try to collect my thoughts and formulate a coherent narrative on what happened to me, as I imagine discussing this with my psychologist during our next session. Even though we may not end up discussing it, I guess the fact of knowing that I will receive help is calming for me to some extent.

It's also great to hear that you've been keeping contact with your friends via zoom! I personally found social connections super important, though it might not be helpful in curing my depression, it is definitely helpful in just 'keeping my head above water' as it prevents things from getting worse.

Please let me know how you've been, and I'd love to hear from you!

Heart

Hey @MB95  haha I'm glad I made enough sense to be understandable! Smiley LOL I agree, a lot of my teachers at school did say similar things - that you're less of an individual to teachers/lecturers at uni because there's so many students! But I also had a couple of tutors who were really supportive and wonderful, so I suppose it depends on the person themselves!

Wow! Well done! It is not even slightly pathetic - I think you should be proud of yourself! Those are really great things!! I think sometimes we build up having to do these "big" things in our heads and the little achievements get eclipsed.  I'm glad it feels amazing Smiley Happy it's really fantastic! Well done!!!

Thanks @Whimer & @JazzInMay ❤

I'm doing okay. Not too great today to be honest but I'm trying really hard to keep my head up and not feel things too much. 

Hello @MB95, I agree with @JazzInMay, those are two big achievements that you should definitely be proud of! Heart I am sorry to hear that you are not doing too well today. It is great to hear that you are trying to keep your head up, I hope it is working. Are you doing anything tonight that might help to make you feel a bit better?

Thanks @TOM-RO

I'm trying but not a whole lot seems to be working at the moment. Just trying to watch some shows on Netflix to try and distract myself for now but just feeling really off. Idk, I want to reach out and talk to someone but I don't have anyone. 

I am sorry to hear that watching shows isn't helping too much right now @MB95. It is good that you are reaching out for support. Is there anyone that you can think of that you can talk to tonight? Would you feel comfortable calling a helpline such as Kids Helpline or Beyond Blue and talking to a counsellor about how you are feeling?

If anyone's up and feels like a random chat I could really do with a distraction. Even if it's just about your day and how you're going or something. Idk, I LOVE talking about travel - so if anyone has a favourite place or place they'd love to visit one day I'd love to hear it. Sorry if it's lame, I just need to try get out of my head cause I really don't wanna end up where I was the other day!! If you don't like travel then feel free to share something about your favourite thing to do with me Smiley Happy I know there's posts for this sort of thing somewhere but I'm a bit too overwhelmed to try look for them atm and don't want to bring the spirit down in them with how I am atm. Hope that's okay guys.

I know it's stupid but I really don't do well talking to random people @TOM-RO.. not about my personal life anyway. I had to chat to a counselor the other day that I don't know cause my psych was away and it didn't go well. I just don't know how to tell people verbally that I'm not okay. It usually just makes me more upset because I get annoyed at myself that I can't communicate.

My friend that I would normally reach out to lives overseas and the time difference SUCKS. Plus I try really hard not to tell her in the moment of things being bad cause I don't want to worry her when she is so far away. We usually talk it out a bit after though which helps. I'm skyping with her on the weekend 👍

That's okay @MB95, I would not want you to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, so I understand if you are not interested in calling a helpline right now. I am sorry to hear that you feel annoyed when you are unable to communicate to others how you are feeling. It is great to hear about the relationship you have with your friend though! It sounds like you have a really supportive relationship, it is a shame that they live overseas and have a big time difference. I hope that you have a great time skyping with her on the weekend. Have you been able to find anything else to do tonight to help you feel better?

Also, my favourite place that I still need to visit is Japan. I love sushi and also adore the cherry blossom trees (they are so pretty!) . What is your favourite place and have you had a chance to visit it yet?