cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Lonely and just wanting someone to care..

Hi, 

I really hope you don't mind if I join your thread. Sorry if you do. 

I feel lonely too. 

Each day feels like a struggle when you have to put on this mask showing that you are alright and hideaway bottled up inner self and emotions. I feel like no one likes me and I am alone. 

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling lonely and as though you need to put on a mask to hide your emotions @HelloHi. Feeling as though you can't open up to others is a really difficult thing to experience. I hope that you feel comfortable opening up soon. Is there anyone that you feel comfortable with that you can talk to about this and open up to?
Highlighted

Thanks @Alison5 ❤ 

I applied for one role as a tutor for children that need extra support with their homework and studies and also to be a camp leader for this foundation that takes kids with parents with mental illnesses on camps to give them a break away to connect with children in similar situations! 

I totally understand about uni! I found it IMPOSSIBLE to stay motivated!!! The only thing I found that helped was physically going and studying at uni. If I didn't go on campus I wouldn't do anything. And this semester is all online again too 😭 Really not looking forward to it!!! I'm considering deferring but also don't want to add another full year to my degree!! 

Hi @HelloHi 👋 

And welcome to RO! And also to my thread lol Of course I don't mind you joining! That's one thing I love about this community - anyone and everyone is accepted and made to feel comfortable. We are all here to support each other through the tough times and I really hope you're able to find your own personal little support crew amongst the community like I have because it's something truly unique and special to be part of ❤ I'm really sorry to hear you also experience lonliness and feel so alone and as if no one likes you. It SUCKS. And I'd never wish the feelings on my worst enemy! Is this your main reason for joining the forums? To feel less alone? Cause I know it's really helped me!! 

Highlighted

Hi @Sophia-RO
I don't feel comfortable talking opening-up about this.
Sorry
Highlighted

Hi @MB95,

Yeah, I just wanted to be able to talk to someone. Or make a friend here.
I am really glad that the ReachOut forums helped you. Smiley Happy

Thank you for your kind words. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

There is absolutely no need to apologise @HelloHi! I know it took me YEARS and I mean YEARS to open up and talk and tell people how I was feeling. And even now, only my psych and my best friend knows. So there is no need to be sorry, it takes time. But I promise you it can really help talking about things. So maybe try using RO as a way to start that? Cause no one knows who you are on here.. not sure about you but I find that so much better!!  😊 Still freaks me out, but it's definately easier to open up and most people in this community have the most amazing advice!! 

Have you been on many other threads @HelloHi ? And random question.. do you like to draw? Lol 

Highlighted

@MB95! I see what you're doing there with the sneaky 'do you like to draw'? Smiley Tongue

Psst I think she wants you to join in on the alphabetical pictionary thread @HelloHi (hey hello hi Smiley Very Happy)

Highlighted

Hi @MB95,
I am really glad that you did reach out. Smiley Happy
I will try to use RO to talk about things.

It does help to know that no one knows who I am. I feel safe knowing this.

Thank you for your kind words, sharing your experience and advice Smiley Happy

I am not good at drawing, but I would love to join the Alphabetical Pictionary thread like @lost_Space_Explorer5, lol. Smiley Happy
Hey, Hello, Hi; always makes me smile, lol. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

HEY HELLO HI!!! Smiley Very Happy

(I'm so glad it makes you smile and isn't annoying! Smiley Tongue)

I am very silly.. didn'tcha know? Smiley Tongue

I would love you to join the Alphabetical Pictionary thread!! Yay! I shall tag you in it so you don't get lost Smiley Wink (hehe I know I know, there's a search bar and you won't get lost, I thought this might encourage you to draw something if I tag you!)

Highlighted

Hi