cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing a pet

Last night, well probably last night, one of my birds passed away. Smiley Sad I kind of just want a hug... The worst part is, I feel so guilty. I've been a terrible person, a terrible owner and I want to do better. I'm going to try, at least. 

I've always dreaded this day, that one of my birds would die. I feel so, unsure of myself and afraid (and guilty). I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Which must sound so strange. I've lost pets before, two dogs, but that was different, we put them down because they were in pain. I knew what I was supposed to do, it wasn't a surprise, I was ready but this, nope. I just... I want to cry but feel like I don't deserve it. I was a horrible person and I don't deserve to feel sad, to cry. 

Actually, I should probably move this... anyway. What I guess I'm looking for here is just a hug and a pair of ears (or eyes in this case Smiley Tongue), to listen. I feel way too ashamed to actually tell anyone this, but I trust you guys. 

Re: Loosing a pet

Hey @N1ghtW1ng!

So sorry to hear that Smiley Sad any loss of a pet is a sad moment and just because you don't feel like you deserve to cry doesn't mean you shouldn't! I guarantee you'll feel better afterwards. Smiley Happy

Sending hugs your way!

giphy (17).gif

Hi @N1ghtW1ng,

I'm sorry for your loss. 
*sending hugs your way* Heart 

@N1ghtW1ng hugs
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@N1ghtW1ng I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs. Losing a pet can be an emotional time. Make sure to look after you Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Thanks guys Smiley Happy

I'm so afraid that my other budgie (well, my only budgie now) is going to be lying on the cage floor one morning. BUT I stand by my promise to do better. Even though I've got uni to deal with, I will do better! I hope Smiley Tongue

So sorry for your loss @N1ghtW1ng. Sending you lots of hugs! Heart

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

hi @N1ghtW1ng 

ive just lost my beloved horse. i know exactly how you feel Heart

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Sending a billion hugs your way @N1ghtW1ng, it must be an awful feeling that you're experiencing right now. If there's anything that I or the RO community can do please let us know...you've been so helpful to me as a builder and you're doing awesome work here as a moderator <3

Sorry to hear about your bird Smiley Sad

I've got a bird too, his name is Elmo and he is very old. I am dreading the day I come inside and he is passed away in his cage. He has been with us for about 13 years now. Sending you lots of hugs and love! Here if you need to chat xo