cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing hope

Sorry guys..

Over the last few weeks nothing has been going right for me. I have been fighting with everyone in my family over the smallest little things. Everything is getting to me and its started to impact my health. 

I saw my doctor the other day and it wasnt great news. On friday I lost my sight in my right eye, it still hasnt come back. I feel that from her on things are just going to get worse, not better and im so scared that I wont get to tell the people that mean the world to me that they really are the reason i am going to keep fighting, but deep down i dont think i can keep fighting. Im over being sick, im over being at the doctors all the time, getting new meds, getting chemo and most of all being sick.

I feel lost I dont know what i should be doing anymore. 

Highlighted

Re: Loosing hope

I'm sorry to hear your health has taken a turn for the worse @Talitha93, that is some truly awful news. I hope you can find the strength to let your friends and family support you through this time and share your feelings with them. I also hope you can find the courage to keep fighting and reach out to a cancer counselling service like CanTeen.

Hey @Talitha93

It sucks to hear things havent been going so well for you lately. Having fights with family is very difficult is there a way that you can tell the people that you love how much you love them and is it possible to resolve the conflicts that you are having?

You are so strong to keep fighting and getting up everytime you get knocked down. This feeling you have deep down is understandable I cant imagine how tired you are.

Can you think of some goals on paper that you want to achieve to keep you fighting and keep you going?

Sorry to hear things are really tough for you at the moment @Talitha93. Stress can definitely have an affect on our health, so it's important to try our best to manage it day to day. I know you have some extremely stressful things going on in your life, but to help manage the smaller stresses you might want to check out the WorryTime app. It gives you a place to store your worries and works out a schedule to help you manage them. This can really help you not feel overwhelmed.

It sounds like you've already been so strong and I believe you have the strength to keep fighting! Especially with the help of your friends and family. I'm sure they all know how much they mean to you, but don't forget, it never hurts to remind them. Smiley Happy

@ElleBelle
my family has enough going on right now. I dont think they could handle this..
i have had a chance to get onto canteen yet. I dont know if I can go onto it. It was hard enough opening up on here.

@ruenhonx
Im not as strong as everyone thinks I am. I am a mess.
Tbh if i make if i make it through this i want to do a counselling course for young children.

@moonwalk
i am so over the stress its really playing with me at the moment.. i downloaded the app but dont get how it really works. I dont think i can br strong anymore.

Hey @Talitha93 the WorryTime app can be a bit tricky at first, but basically what you do with it is enter your worries into it, then choose a time in the day that works best for you to work on solving this worry, and WorryTime will send you an alert when it's time to do so. That way you're able to focus on other things throughout your day.

That's really cool that you've thought about doing a counselling course for children! It's a great goal to set and can give you further motivation to keep fighting like you have.