cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost an Important Friendship Months Ago, Still Unable to Cope.

Thank you for your response. From what I understand, she has made no effort to stay in contact with any of our mutual friends who moved out of the residential college. Additionally, she has been distancing herself from the mutual friends who continue to live at the residential college. I also know that she has been going home very often this year (her family lives roughly two hours away from the city our uni is in) and so she’s been very hard to get into contact with. I’m not sure what to do, I really want to make things right, but I know that’s not possible at the moment. My friends are telling me I have to let go and move on but I just don’t know how to face that reality, especially since I don’t know if I’ll ever meet someone I can so easily connect with so well again and I don’t really think I’m worthy of having a close friend especially if I am the massive creep that my former friend said I am .

That is such a difficult circumstance and it is totally reasonable to feel befuddled right now-it is so troublesome when a companion pulls away, especially when they turn the accuse onto you. From what I have perused, it sounds like she has likewise pulled away with different kinships as well, is this right?

I am thinking about whether possibly there is something progressively that is occurring in her life that is making her see her very own connections through this perspective, particularly on the off chance that she has been out of contact with other individuals as well? What's your opinion about this?

You could try counselling 

Hello everyone,

Sorry about being away for a along time, between graduation, exams, and starting postgraduate studies, I haven't really had any time to update anyone on my situation. To make a long story short, it has gotten better. There are still some days when I feel grief over this incident but they are getting fewer in frequency and further apart. Honestly, I have slowly come to peace with the fact that the only thing I can do is give space and time at the moment. Though I guess there are days when I still wonder what I did wrong in this friendship, especially if I want to avoid this in the future.

Hi @Supreme-Leader-Sun,

Thanks for checking back in with us and letting us know how you are going. We know that this was such an upsetting situation for you, so it is really great to hear that you have taken some steps forward and that the pain isn't as high right now Heart 

One thing that really resonates for me in your post is this sentence: "I have slowly come to peace with the fact that the only thing I can do is give space and time at the moment". This is such incredible self awareness, although I can imagine it has taken some time to get to a place of acceptance Heart I hope that over time the waves of grief become fewer and fewer for you.

How are you going with post grad studies? Do you think you will be able to meet some new people in your post grad course?

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here