cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost and alone

Re: Lost and alone

@loves netball the first post in a forum is always the one with the most fear - until you start getting some responses back =)

Anything in particular about tonight that has sparked you to get to put this up?

Can I also just check in with you, some of what you were saying was pretty heavy and seems like you've lost hope, are you having thoughts of wanting to end your life? Will you be safe tonight?

Hi @loves netball  Welcome to ReachOut and thank you for being so courageous to share with us here. 

Sounds like you've been going through a lot lately and really struggling with things. I'm sorry you feel so alone and unsupported. It sounds like your low moods are making it really hard for you to get out and do stuff. Firstly, yes it's fine to use helplines as many times as you need to. Lots of people do and that's what they're there for! 

You mentioned you're on holidays at the moment. Can you make plans for others things you enjoy and can do to take up some of you free time? 

What are some coping or distraction strategies you have/could to help you feel better and keep yourself safe? 

Thanks for your reply @loves netball I think a great place to call in for tonight and speak to about feeling like you can't keep yourself safe is the Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467 (they are a 24 hour helpline). Which other helplines have you tried to call in the past?

I'm just going to get onto email with you - just give me a minute after you read this! =)

JD3

Deciding to make a post asking for help is trying!

It is very easy to feel down when your routine is disrupted, I know I feel the same at the end of the semester. I sometimes find setting little goals for the day helps me when I'm not sure what to do. Achieving something for the day can give you a sense of accomplishment, even if it is something little like going for a walk or cooking/baking something different. 

@loves netball That's a great list of things! It can be hard to motivate to do much when we're feeling depressed, but it doesn't hurt to keep trying. Even when you're not enjoying things much, you're still doing things that are nice/good for you and they're helping keep you from the bad thoughts so they're still achieving something. 

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with psych triage 2 weeks ago. As you've mentioned there are a number of other helplines you can contact. Hopefully when you're feeling ready you might be up to giving psych triage another try if you need it. 

Hey @loves netball, how are you feeling at the moment? Wanna talk with the crew on RO Smiley Happy ?