cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost and alone

Hey @loves netball I haven't spoken to you before so wanted to holler out a quick hi! It sucks that you're feeling really down, I'm sorry things have been this hard. But like you said you have been calling the KHL and your case manager and knowing when to grab help and actually taking steps to get the help are incredibly brave things to do - so welldone! You say that you hate when other people do the same stuff you feel you deserve - why do you feel this way? Do you think you could try to talk to a counsellor about these issues beneath the surface that seem to be really upsetting you? Have you had a chance to tell your caseworker about this? And I know your last post was yesterday night, I'm wondering how you're doing right now?

@loves netball losing sleep seems to have quite an impact on how we feel and act...is there something that's happened recently with your case manager to make you feel this way? It's okay, btw, if that's not something you want to get into right now. I'm just worried for you cause its a terrible feeling to be sitting with! Who else do you think might be ok to talk to about what you're feeling? 

Hey @loves netball just reading through this and the challenges you mentioned you're facing with your case manager.

What would you like your case manager to understand, do you want some help working out how to communicate that to them? If it's tricky to answer that question, you could try and answer this one : what would you do to support someone you really cared about to get the help they needed from their case manager?

And another question: earlier in this conversation we talked about the things that gave you a lot of meaning and feelings of value and the feeling of loss as a consequence of the symptoms getting in the way of doing those things.

If you want we can try a bit of an exercise to kind of try and work through the feeling of loss, and basically work out a way to re-grow those things that help you feel value.... I can't guarantee it will work but I am happy to try it with you if you want to!

Anyway if you want to try the exercise, start by drawing a flower for me- like this one (i am sorry about how bad i am at drawing). It needs some big petals so that you can write stuff on them Smiley Happy

IMG_20161031_162054.jpg

@loves netball when you're feeling really low, or have low feelings of self-worth it can be hard to figure out what to do next or what sort of help you need...because you do deserve that help and from what I can tell you are a very awesome person, even though i know that's not how you feel right now. 

Sometimes if you think about what you would do for someone you care about, like a best friend, you can then apply that to yourself and discover a bit more about what you yourself might need. I don't know if i explained that very well, so let me know if i need to try a different angle.

Once you have drawn the flower, i want you to write some of the things you do, did, or want to do again that help you feel good, accepted, valued and okay. Put one or two on each petal. 

Heya @loves netball I can put in some suggestions to help you start the process making a bit more sense....I noticed you just posted on one of the other threads trying to support another RO member. 

I would say that helping someone else by relating to your own similar experience or knowledge you have is something that hopefully makes you feel valued and good (I hope?)

Does that make much sense?

Hi @loves netball

You sound really fed up with where you're at right now. 

Do you think there is anything that would not make you hate life?