cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost and alone

@loves netball A part of this post has been edited to stay within the RO Forum Guidelines (https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Welcome-announcements/MUST-READ-ReachOut-com-Guidelines/td-p/16). Thanks for understanding =)

@loves netball You've been so strong and resilient already! You do have that little flame inside of you and you can keep it burning! I know we've talked about this quite a bit already but do you think there's anything you could do to keep that flame going? Have you had any luck reaching any helplines? 

Also, I'll add, there were times I felt like my flame was virtually out, but turns out it wasn't! Winnie the Pooh was right: 

Image result for you are braver than you believe

@loves netball They are all wonderful things to do and address different areas of your mind, body and needs, so keep at it! I like the goal setting and aiming. 30 push-ups is more than I can do! Setting goals and working towards them can be a good distraction and make you feel awesome when you've improved/achieved something? Any other goals, and remember it can be anything big or small, you want to work on? 

@loves netball All of them are achievable. Some are easier and will happen more quickly. Some will take more steps and planning. Do you think you could focus on any of these things and make some mini goals to get you on your way? You don't have to 'climb Mount Everest in a day' but setting small achievable goals makes the big goals easier to get to and gives you something to focus on. 

Well done on recognising some of your aspirations @loves netball. Often, you will only be able to take baby steps towards your goals, before you can take measured strides or sprint towards it. This is okay. Some days will be one step forward, two back. This is okay. The main thing is to keep going.....The way out, is through... I only realised this last december after being hospitalised... What you are going through takes enourmous mental and emotional reserves. 

Your posts remind me of an initiative called "Dear future me" - a serious of annoymous letters posted on the internet by people - to their future selves. 

The one that sticks in my mind, is by Madison Loader ~ 

Dear future me,
Are you reading this whilst you are happy?
I hope you’re happy.
You’ve been through so much, are you even still around to read this?
I hope you are.
Pain is never easy. Breakdowns, heart ache, emotional and mental trauma. Yes, they’re features of life.
but I hope you’re leading a better life.
Is the pain still there? That one that hasn’t left your chest for so long?
I hope it’s not.
Do you look in the mirror everyday, and like the person staring back? Are you confident?
I hope you are.
Do you cry a lot? Better yet, do you cry as much as you used to? And when you do cry, are they happy tears?

God I hope they are.

You can write letters to your future self here ~ https://www.futureme.org

You'll be in my thoughts tonight.