cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Lost

Hi. 

I'm just looking for someone to talk to and give suggestions about how they coped if they've ever felt like this. 

I just feel really lost in life at the moment. I want to be doing so much but I feel stuck in a place for a while and I feel like I'm not doing enough, and I feel overwhelmed. I can't turn off my brain a lot of the time. 

I really just want to know what everyone else did or are doing to help with anxiety like symptoms and 'find yourself' before it gets worse than what it is. At this point, I feel like I am floating through life. Like there's so much in my brain, it's heavy, hot and tired but my stomach and heart has a million butterflies through them that I don't feel grounded - if that makes sense. 

Has or is anyone else feeling lost in life at the moment too?

Re: Lost

Hi @bcdbcd Welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling lost in life and stuck, they are definitely challenging feelings to cope with.

It sounds like you've had a bit of a run around with services, which can be frustrating. Have you mentioned this to any of the services you've tried to contact?
You mentioned that the places near you are open when you work, are they open when you aren't working?

Hi @bcdbcd

Although I'm not feeling lost right now, I have felt lost before. In life without direction, purpose or meaning. As you get older you start to realise or discover what's important to you or what you care about. You understand more about life and soon you won't be so lost anymore. 

Anxiety on the other hand, I think I can say there's a lot of members here have anxiety (including myself). Dealing with anxiety sucks, I think you know what I mean. Well I'm still dealing with anxiety myself and in my opinion I don't think anxiety ever goes away. We just get better and better at managing the anxiety. We'll still feel anxious but it won't be as constricting. I've read a lot of 'self help' books and watched a lot of Youtube videos on how to overcome anxiety. They have definitely helped me. 

Thank you x

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 230 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors