cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misery

Hello, 

move been on here before, last year I'm pretty sure. I only go one here when I need extreme help and I feel like I do. My mum is saying she doesn't want to live with us anymore. My household is always in arguements, yelling & crying. My mum says she wants to leave us all and restart. My dad gets very mad and I feel as if he will send mum away. My dad doesn't like my mum and there always fighting. My dads heartless and selfish, my mum is quick tempered and rude. I am, however, depressed. I don't know if I should check with a doctor if I'm depressed or not but I feel like if I was to do that I'll be taken as a joke. At school I'm mum mostly depressed. I have no friends anymore, I had a fight with them last holidays. Now it's the next holidays and I can't talk to anyone about my problems. So my final resort was reachout.com. All the crying gives me really bad headaches, i just want to feel happy again. Smiley Sad

Re: Misery

Hey @jaws I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through at home. I'm glad you came here, please feel free to come here even when you're not very distressed. It sounds like things are pretty bad between your parents and it's taking a toll on you.

Do you have any extended family members like aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents that you can talk to? It also sounds like your home environment is impacting your life at school which makes total sense. It's hard to feel happy or friendly when things are chaotic where you live. 

I strongly encourage you to see your school counsellor and let them know what you're going through. You need support right now. Try not to worry about what other people may think about you going to a doctor. It's really important that you take care of yourself and you have the awareness to understand that you need support. 

Have you tried talking to Kids Help Line at 1800 55 1800? You can call them or there's a webchat option too. 

Are there anythings you can do on your own to help you distract or soothe (like journalling, exercising etc)?

Please take care. We're thinking of you and are here for you Heart

Highlighted

Hey @jaws, just wanted to check in and seeing how you're feeling after the weekend Smiley Happy Did any of @Mona-RO's suggestions sound like they could be helpful for you?

Hi @jaws

I wanted to check in and see how you were going recently? 

We're always here to have a chat