cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mixed emotions

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted on here in a while. I have been in and out of hospital with numerous amounts of surgery.
I'm still in hospital with so many machines attached to me finding out what is going on.
I'm so over going in to have tumours removed and then finding out that they have grown back.. No matter what I do everything seems to be getting worse, everything is so crap at the moment an I can't handle what's going on!
I'm over my friends waking away the second they find out that I need help or some sort of advice.. I don't know what to do anymore an I need help!!!
I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about everything going on.. Smiley Sad

Re: Mixed emotions

Hey @Talitha93, welcome back!

I'm so sorry to hear about all the surgery you've been through recently - it seems like you've really been on an emotional rollercoaster with your tumors. It's perfectly normal and understandable to feel overwhelmed by it all, and to not really know how to process it, especially since it seems like your friends aren't giving you the best support through all of the hospitalisations you've had.

Do you have someone else you can talk to, outside of your friendship group? As you've already mentioned, experiencing all the stress you've been through lately is so difficult alone, so perhaps finding a trusted family member or even a professional could be useful? Of course, going in and out of hospital can make regular appointments difficult, so perhaps keeping a service like eheadspace handy could be good too. Plus, you can always use some of our threads for self-care or support.

What do you think? Smiley Happy 

Hi @Talitha93,

Sorry to hear about the surgery Smiley Sad I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you.

Are you able to move out of the hospital every now and then to get some fresh air? 

As @safari93 said, it totally sucks that your friends don't seem to support you like you'd like them to. Are they aware of what you're going through right now? Do you think you want to spend time with them? Or will that just invoke more stress right now?

In our thoughts,

Lahna

Hello @Talitha93,

I wish you the best for your recovery. I hope it all goes well so soon you will be able to return to the life you desire.

It is normal to feel overwhelmed, or not even know what to feel. The best thing to do is reflect, calm, and release your emotions via some sort of medium to avoid taking it out on your loved ones or exploding from the pent up stress and frustrations only to regret it later.

Perhaps the reason why your friends are walking out on you is because they do not know what to say or do to make you feel better. They worry that they might make it worse since you are in a delicate state and that you might need some time to yourself. Tell them you want to talk to them, and if they refuse to be there for you, then they are not worth getting upset over. You deserve people who will be with you through thick and thin not abandon you when things look bleak.

You can talk to us, we would be more than happy to be the support you need. Update me on how the treatment goes.

All the best,

Winter_rain.

Hi @Talitha93

I just wanted to check up on you and see how everything has been going?