cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

More Poetry

A few days ago I made a post called 'Depression??', it featured one of my poems and i recieved very positive feedback. If you would like to read that one (there is one in the replies as well) here is the link- http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Something-s-not-right/Depression/m-p/171086/highlight/false#M14448

In the feedback that i recieved, you mentioned that you would like to see more and that it may help other users her on RO. So i am not sure how well this will go, but i will try to post fairly regularly. Before i go onto the poem, i would like to make a quick disclaimer. Most, possibly all of what i write is fairly depressing and is usually on the dark side. There should not be obvious themes of self harm and/or suicide but if you are triggered easily, viewer descretion is advised. I will in the future, try to write when i am in a good mood, but at the moment, i write to vent and cope with the pain of depression.
So with out futher ado, here is the poem-

There was a girl that I once knew,
She always wore a smile,
But one day what was good in her life faded to naught,
So crimson rain began to fall,
She was a cypher and that's how she remained,
Encased between [word removed] and affliction,
She sat alone in the tormenting darkness,
Lured into the unescapable abyss,
In a cavern of sorrow,
That's how she knew,
This battle was not to be won.

This one is a work in progress, at the moment, it doesnt flow too well, but i liked it anyway.

Highlighted

Re: More Poetry

@Maez your poetry is beautiful. Really, it is a great way to express yourself and to vent and cope. Thank you for sharing. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng Thankyou so much, I enjoy writing but knowing that people enjoy to read what i do write, its an incredible feeling.

Highlighted

Hey @Maez, I love how you have found a way to express yourself and explore things you are going through. Unfortunately I've had to edit your post dispite your disclaimer (thanks for that) to comply with community guidelines.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie Thankyou, i was aware that mentioning a tool of self harm may have been a bad idea, so thankyou for letting me know, i will keep that in mind for future writing.

Highlighted

@Maez loving reading these!I am trying to figure out a way around the guidelines that lets you express yourself without us triggering other people. Because it would be really cool to have both if we could! It will take a while (because i will have to run it past our clinical advisory group*) But i am going to look into ways to allow awesome poems like this to survive intact!  

*In case you were wondering: our clinical advisory group is a group of doctors, psychologists, youth workers and of course lots of young people who help make sure the way we run reach out keeps people safe

Highlighted

@Ben-ROI am glad that you are enjoying reading these, i have ideas for other poems that i am working on at the moment, so they should be up fairly soon. Thankyou for trying to find a way around the guidelines, but if the clinical advisory group doesnt allow it, i can always edit the poems and anything that may be potentially triggering out.

Highlighted

@Ben-RO I agree that these poems are great! What if there was a special area of RO for poems like these? Where, with some consideration, they remained mostly intact? A ton of warnings posted all around the area and then the poems there? Would that work?
Highlighted

That's a good idea @N1ghtW1ng! I have been chatting to the guy who runs the BeyondBlue forums about how they do it, and they have a few things in place to help with this, like a thead where they put tough times post that has a trigger warning...thing. They move stuff that's triggering in there, but also still edit a little bit too. 

I also think it would be cool to have a system that let us cover up trigger words so that people can express themselves but also not accidentally harm others in the process, but that would take a fair bit of coding...so probably not gonna happen any time soon as we have a gigantic backlog of tasks and bugs to get through (even if we're fixing like 20 a week).