cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moved Post - Meaningful relationships? What're those?

Hey @cole on sea,
Whilst I understand the worries you have for the future with this person, where possible, try and just be in the moment. It will be much more enjoyable for you if you can just focus on the joy of having someone there even if it is only for a while.
I think it's great you both played some tennis together and you going to the workshop was a great step to take in the first place.

Think of the next few days or weeks or however long as a great opportunity to get to know this person and really have a good time. After that, you can see how things have gone and who knows - things may fall into place for you, but if not, at least you had some positive experiences. Smiley Happy

I suppose my biggest concern is getting his hopes too high. I mean, it feels like he's got this fairy-tale romance idea in his head, and it's not that I don't enjoy his company, but...we only started talking a few weeks ago. We've met up three times, and we've already been places not really appropriate for discussing here. 

I guess if he understands that I want to keep it simple, it shouldn't be a problem...time will tell, I s'pose. 

Hi @cole on sea

Everyone's different when it comes to these things so even though he might feel that way it's important to consider how you're feeling and what pace you would like to take things. 

Highlighted

Things seem to be okay for the moment. We had unprotected sex last night, though, and he's really worried about it. I personally know I did a few important tests about 2 months ago and they all came back fine (and haven't had any partners since) and I trust him enough to believe him when he says he's never done it with anyone besides me. I'm planning to consult my GP for advice next week, though I'm struggling to come up with something to put his mind at ease