I agree with @DruidChild, maybe seeing a psych would be a good idea, especially if you plan on going off meds - you shouldn't really do that unsupervised . thats why i also suggested waiting - you might be in a better position to see someone about it
- I'm trying to link back into seeing a psych by trying out different places, my first step is to try the activities that VAHS offers, and then if I feel ok maybe access their clinical services, or the healing centre which is linked to VAHS. I also have a referral to headspace which is also an option. Just need to pick.
- The Centrelink issue... Well I'm trying to do something about it even if they don't agree with me
- my brother is dependent on me, well I'm reinforcing those boundaries and maybe it clear what I can and can't do and when
- I'm dumb, well I might be but I checked the times my tutor at trade school is availible and might go back to seeing him
- I'm trying to find a mentor type figure in my life... I think the activities with VAHS may help. Also ages ago I mentioned I went to a local primary school and the office lady was an old carer of mine. I think I might see if I can find her on FB or something. Her and her husband only looked after me for a few months but they were so lovely and probably the only carers I had that actually liked me and at least tried to make me feel safe, even if I didn't realise any of that at the time. They might be good people to get back in touch with.
Things to check out:
Stressed about the bushfires? Have a look here for ways to cope
Here's a calendar of all the discussions we will be having in November!
Share your thoughts in our Special Discussion on Friendships!
Seen something fantastic on the forums?