cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My brother, again

I have looked my at scale and i will take a break from here if I start really getting worked up but my brother is really doing my head in tonight it's driving me nuts

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: My brother, again

Nice one on the scale @j95 Did you want to chat more about what he's doing? Sounds super frustrating.

Well for starters he invited himself over even when I said no but he insisted and i thought I'm not going to have an argument, whatever, so he comes over, where's all your food? 

sorry haven't done groceries you'll have to go and buy something or have toast, there's leftover takeaway in the fridge 

"Gross no" 

"Too bad" 

*Starts calling me names saying I'm lazy and neglectful to him saying it's my job to go and get him something* 

Then I said he can't stay tonight and he started yelling at me like screaming in my face threatening to punch me in the head 

So I'm in my bedroom sitting against the door @Bree-RO

I told him he needs to calm down or go home because this has just gotten way of hand and my housemates will be home soon and I don't know what he doing out there but there is a lot of banging and swearing

Ok so I think he has calmed down but now he doing this thing where he deliberately asks me numerous questions that are either ridiculously stupid or unanswerable 

@j95 Wow you should be so darn proud of yourself mate. See what happened just there? You totally maturely de-escalated him! I know that wouldn't have been fun but that's pretty incredible. What's he up to now? Are you okay?

@Bree-RO I'm just trying to ignore him but it's very hard he's not so angry anymore just very very annoying on purpose, like extremely annoying, like he's waiting for me to crack it and I'm very close.
"Where did you buy your tv"
"Can you show me how to use the toaster"
"What is bread actually made out of"
"Can I cut your hair with these scissors"
"What would happen if I put this in the microwave? What about this? Or this?
That is a small snippet, that was just 30 seconds worth I'm not even kidding
He is tapping a fork on the kitchen bench looking at me right now

Im trying so hard not to give in 

I seriously cannot deal with his behaviour any more

@j95 that sounds so so frustrating - feeling for you. You're doing well. When does he usually head to bed? You definitely are in need of a breather.