cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My family kinda hates me and I'm starting to hate me too

Hey @Tiny_leaf, that's really awful to hear that your family is mistreating you Smiley Sad. That is definitely not okay AT ALL and I can imagine how that negatively impacts your well-being. @scared01 has made a great point about online booking systems to book doctors. I use these online booking systems also when I'm booking appointments to go see GPs because I feel uncomfortable calling up the medical practices to book appointments.

There's also this thing called "after hours doctor service" where you can get a GP to visit your home in cases when it is a struggle for you to get to their office. I think their services may be bulk-billed too? (I guess it depends on the GPs in your area). Is that something you might consider?

@Esperanza67 and @scared01 your suggestions are really good, but even though I'm 17 I don't have a medicare card (or a job that would let me pay for appointments out of pocket), and paperwork is a huge struggle for me.

It basically means that I still effectively need their permission, even though legally I don't...

@scared01 also, thank you so much. 

you can apply for a medicare card online @Tiny_leaf they then send it out to you in the mail. i done it about 2 yrs ago now because i had to attend appointments myself and was sick of using my mums card
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 how does that work?

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-card

have a look on here @Tiny_leaf this should explain how to apply etc
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @Tiny_leaf . I can't remember the exact process but I remember when I had to get my medicare card in my name it was quite an easy process. I got it pretty quickly. I think you need some proof of i.d documents and if you're able to apply online then I assume you'd just need to upload picture proof of ID. I could be wrong but I have had to do similar thing when applying for a police check online. That could be much easier for you then going in seeing as you're having trouble getting around. 

I'm also really sorry to hear how your family is treating you. That is not fair at all and you have helped me so much when I have been feeling really low - you are a good decent person and your differences in habit should not be discouraged. That is who you are and you are beautiful. I hope you can get these things sorted out. I'm here for you. 

Thanks @scared01! I'll look into it.

@mspaceK thanks! I'll need to check that my passport's still up to date...

And also thank you for that last part.

@scared01 I checked the link. Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it won't work for me though... 

I'm so frustrated at how inaccessible the whole system is. 

I don't know if I can get enough official documents proving I live here (only need two but most stuff is done in my parents name, and to enroll the first time you actually need to go to a place.

Plus the paperwork's too much; and the only gender options are male and female because according to like half of the government, people like me don't exist and need to be reminded of that every time we fill in a bloody form. Because apparently acknowledging our existence and humanity is "political correctness gone mad" instead of basic decency. 😣😪

@WheresMySquishy I hope you don't mind me tagging you into this thread..

If it's an issue then feel free to ignore this. Sorry about my akward wording...