cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Narratives as an Outlet

You're so good at written expression @j95 it makes me want to start writing again. I used to do the same narratives to explain how I was feeling in the situation. Or I'd write poetry. 

I need to get this out because it's something I haven't gone out of my head for a long long time and unless I get it out I will be stuck with this nightmare for much longer. This narrative is about a nightmare I have some nights.
-----------------------------------------

He's running so fast he can hear his loud breath, it's shallow and he feels like he can't continue it. But he is scared, he has no choice but to keep running.
The cold concrete hit his feet with every step. He can feel the stones and gumnuts on the foot path that dig into his feet. It's painful. The sound of his breath is getting heavier, as is the pain in his lungs. The much heavier footsteps follow him, a loud thud as each foot hits the concrete.
It is so dark with only the dim street lights bringing a small light, but the rest is dark, like his feelings - scared, alone, not knowing how things will go.

The loud foot steps get louder, they are getting closer now.
He runs onto the main road, it's so quiet, not even the noise of a train echoes in the distance. The normally busy strip of shops is dark and silent like a ghost town.
The footsteps are getting closer and closer, he can hear the breath of this person behind him. He can already sense the anger inside him.
The foot steps get closer, so close that he has no choice but to turn the corner into a vacant space.
It's an old shop. It's slightly warmer than outside, but it's dark. The textures under his feet change. He can feel all sorts of rubbish from the derelict building under his feet.
He tries to look down at what he's standing on, but it's too late. This person has caught up to him.

He feels a hand on his shoulder. It's too late now, he's stuck. He tries to pull away he can't. His heart is racing. He knows what is going to happen but still isn't ready for it.

The person grabs his already ripped Tshirt, enough to get a firm grip. He picks him up enough to feel his feet almost leave the ground. He throws him against the concrete wall. The feeling of his back hit the wall is unbearable, as his body sinks into the floor and lands on the rubbish, the sticks of, the nails. The back of his head hurts so much he feel like he can't hold it up anymore. The more he holds his head down, the more this person stands over him. He is trying to block the words out but he can't. He has heard the words so many times before but if still hurts. The voice is angry.
This person kicks him, the middle of his stomach. The impact makes him tear up, but he know he can't cry or it will start to get worse.
There's another punch. He feels numb, he can see the blood but he can't feel like it coming out, he can't feel anything anymore. The person grabs him again. His body hurts as he is hit again, and again.

Everything turns black.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 Smiley Sad Really very powerful. How do you feel after writing this one out mate?

I thought it would help but didn't really @Bree-RO well not as much as I thought

Shouldn't of done it so close to going to bed

Brought up stuff mate? Or no? @j95

Yes @Bree-RO

Have you tried painting a new narrative? @j95

One of your future as you would like it to be? One where the past doesn't dictate the present?

When I read that I think wow, you've come so incredibly far - I am very proud. I am logging off now but let's chat on this more tomorrow night with the rest of the forums Smiley Happy

I have tried but I'm so anxious about the future I have this picture in my head of what I want things to be like and im scared it won't work out how I want it to @Bree-RO

Hey @j95 hmm, I very much understand that. I get it a lot too, I have big goals and expectations for myself and I fear I won't hit the mark. I don't know if this helps, but as time goes by I find the journey of my dreams more interesting and enjoyable.

It's like they say success is a moving target. Once you attain something, or some vision of how you want your life to be, you still want more. I believe you will get what you dream of... Sometimes we have to trust the process.