cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Need somewhere to hide

@DruidChild  I am glad you are trying that is always half the battle, i find sometimes if I bottle all my feelings up for a long time when something small happens it can trigger all those bigger things to come back to the surface and even though it seems like the thing that started it wasnt that big it is actually just all the other stuff coming out that is making me feel so bad... is that something that could be happening? 

Highlighted

@DruidChild I'm glad to hear that kept going and you have started to try to do some things you like. Its unfortunate you don't have a closet but like you mentioned a nest of pillows and blankets can be comforting. 

Highlighted

Hey @DruidChild 

Aw, that sounds like your experiencing mixed emotions at the moment, which must be really confusing, and intrusive thoughts wouldn't help. Might some deep breathing help? It really helps to self-soothe me when I'm not feeling the best.

You mentioned not wanting to be touched is in relation to something else...we don't have to go into detail, but I just wanted to know whether you're safe at the moment?

Good on you for trying to cope. Seriously, a good shower and some food and distraction can be so helpful sometimes. Heart What else have you got planned for the day?

Highlighted

@Eden1717 @A_Friend @Maddy-RO Thank you heaps I hope you are all doing okayHeart

Eden1717 that could be part of it I think!! I will bring it up with my case manager when I see her in a couple of weeks. 

I've been drawing and sitting in the sunshine and talking to my partner which has all really helped. I'll try to do some painting later maybe because that usually helps, too. 

Maddy, yeah I'm safe. It's just past trauma stuff, not anything current. Thanks!

Highlighted

I had a panic attack and my mother yelled at me. So frustrated with her and her quiet homophobia. 

Highlighted

Hi @DruidChild, I am sorry to hear about what you have been through. It sounds like things have been pretty tough lately. I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I have sent you an email as I am concerned about you Heart
Highlighted

Hey @DruidChild 

I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling quite frustrated with your mum last night. Quiet homophobia would be so hard to deal with. How are you feeling this morning? Have you got much planned for the weekend?

Highlighted

Thanks @Maddy-RO. Today has been another bad day. I'm trying to stay distracted with drawing and housework. 

Highlighted

That sounds tough. Good idea re. distracting yourself. Do you mind if I ask what you're drawing? I love art Cat Happy @DruidChild 

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO I'm doing a coloured pencil drawing of lots of Mother Mary icons, but I'm going to take a break to draw some wattle blossom that I saw the other day. 

I'm trying to stay busy but I keep freezing and getting lost in my head and it's hard to come back. I miss hospital, I wish I was safe there and not here.