cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Need somewhere to hide

Nice way of trying to stay distracted @DruidChild. I really can't draw at all but I try to colour in Smiley Happy

It sucks that you are still finding yourself getting lost in your head. It must be hard to keep going back and forth, especially if it is unhelpful or you are trying to get stuff done. Does it help to not engage with the initial thoughts?
Highlighted

Colouring is good too @Taylor-RO Smiley Happy 

Kind of? It's more like...in my head it's a bad dream and I'm stuck there. Like I've slipped into another universe. And I can't get back. I keep trying to explain this to my mental health team but they still won't help me wake up. 

Highlighted

@DruidChild  I am sorry you are still feeling bad that sort of feeling sounds very uncomfortable and seems like it would be kind of scary for you. I am sorry your mental health team isnt understanding or cant seem to help the way you need them too. 

Highlighted

That sounds like quite a difficult thing to experience @DruidChild. It's a shame that you have not been able to explain this fully to your mental health team. Do you think you could write something down about how it feels to experience this? You could write down how it feels like and any thoughts that you have. You could then pass this on to someone in your mental health team and it might help them to understand what you are going through a bit better?
Highlighted

Thanks @Eden1717 I really appreciate your kindness Heart

Thank you @Sophia-RO  Heart I actually did write stuff down and show it them because I'm not great with talking but all they did was put me on new medication which doesn't do anything really. 

Highlighted

Its really nice to hear that you were able to do that @DruidChild! It sounds like it didn't really lead to the outcome that you were hoping for though. Maybe you could try writing another letter where you explain how you feel, but this time you could pass it on directly to a different member of the team?
Highlighted

Thanks @Sophia-RO. Honestly it seems a little pointless because they're community mental health and community mental health has never helped me before. 

But I'm feeling a bit better today, still really really sad and anxious but my head is a bit clearer. 

Highlighted

It seems like you did the right thing by trying to explain it to them. I am sorry it wasn't helpful though - I wish it was @DruidChild Heart

I am glad you are feeling even a tad better but it sucks that those feelings of being sad and anxious are lingering. Do you usually try to distract yourself or does it help to just sit with it sometimes?
Highlighted

Thanks @Taylor-RO. I tried really hard to get some things done today (housework) but I feel so spacey and it took me like 3 hours to wash some dishes because I kept freezing and spacing out and having intrusive thoughts. The sink overflowed and I just let it because I couldn't make myself move to turn the tap off. 

So now I'm distracting myself, or trying to, but nothing's really working because I feel so restless and weird but also a bit frozen. 

Highlighted

That sounds like a really difficult thing to experience @DruidChild. It sounds like something that could be quite hard to manage. Are you getting any support from professionals or your family around managing this? I hope that you have been able to find something enjoyable to do that has helped to distract yourself. How are things going for you tonight? Heart