cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here and Confussed!!!

Here I am in a group never heard of yet reaching out just cause I dnt know where else to go!!! I have FB Txt etc. but I need a place someone I can talk to about anything everything and just feel like it is safe! I have Moderate PTSD from many many yrs of severe mental, physical, and sexual abuse! I all most always think of death when I was younger yes I tried Now as a parent my child is the only thing that keeps that part of my mind sane! I am finally with the man of my dreams my sould mate I have been in loved with for 23yrs! All of my anxieties and issues effect this realtionship and I can not get my mind past that! All my life I was told by Drs I could not have kids so I adopted my beautiful child in my 1st marriage Now with "The One" I ended up pregnant all was good! I felt complete... then our beautiful baby to be was gone never getting to see the light of day :'( Ever since that day my fiance seems less and less interested in me sexually other than a brief kiss or hug we have litle if any interaction this is bringing up allot of almost barried fears and anxieties! Now even with a man living in the same home I am starting to feel so alone! Sorry for going on I will go for now!

Re: New Here and Confussed!!!

Hi @Miss Understood

Welcome to ReachOut.com. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through some tough times with your past and with your partner at the moment. You may find that the forums here cater to a younger audience (14-25 years) but if you feel that the resources are helpful, feel free to stick around. 

It looks like you're very self-aware of how your anxiety around our past is affecting you now. But I believe that the fact that you are working towards improving your life shows that you are a resilient and compassionate person. 

You've said that recently, your partner seems to be showing less intimate interest in you and that brings up a lot of insecurities. Have you spoken to him about why he may be showing this behaviour and how it's made you feel? You may find some useful tips here.

You may also find Relationships Australia useful too, which offers counselling for individuals and couples, as well as the online forums at beyondblue. 

Hope this helps and let us know how you go. 

Hi @Miss Understood, thanks for sharing your story with us. You have been dealing with a number of difficult experiences and it is clear from your post that you are determined to improve your situation and your life.

@Myvo has given you some great links for finding support and a safe place to talk about anything and everything. It is a terrible situation you have been through and I could not imagine the hurt you must feel. Rest assured it is common for a traumatic loss to change the nature of your relationship, as each partner deals with it in different ways.

Remember that you can also talk to your doctor about these thoughts and feelings of loneliness that you are having. Your GP will be able to refer you to someone more appropriate to talk to, and you can choose to do this alone or with your partner if you prefer. I hope that you find the support that you need and can again enjoy a fulfilling relationship with your partner.

co

how did you make a form? i have no idea how to make one