cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New, please help me

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm coming here out of desperation. I am a college student and ever since I can remember I've been plagued with depression and anxiety but it has been really bad in the past few months. Bad luck seems to follow me around every where and I have run into so many problems that have cost me a lot of money and problems with my parents. I am constantly overwhelmed and it paralyzes me making me fall behind in school work and procrastinate on things I need to do and that in turn makes me feel like I'm lazy and worthless. I feel like my friends don't really like me and I worry constantly about being annoying and I think it would be better to just not say anything. I feel like a burden on the people I love the most. I am so sad and I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I feel like I am imploding, I wish I were dead, I wish I were fabulously rich, I wish that there was something about my life to make it less painful to be alive. Granted I haven't reached a point where I feel that it's necessary to end it all, I rather just wish that I had never existed in the first place. I feel like I have no where to turn and no one who will actually listen to me. I don't know what to do anymore.

Re: New, please help me

Hi @Duckyy

Welcome to the forum and it's awesome that you've reached out for help within this really supportive community.

It really seems like you're in a lot of pain and distress at the moment and it might be useful to talk to someone about how you're coping with school as well as the other things that are going in your life. There's a range of support available to get you through this.

Are you currently having thought of suicide? Have you seen someone about these issues as it seems like there's alot going on for you at the moment, which can be hard to handle on your own. While it may feel very overwhelming at the moment, I just want you to know that we are here for you.

Tom

Hello @Duckyy and welcome to RO.

Have you ever spoken to anyone before about how you feel? A school counsellor, teacher or your parents or friends?

I'm sorry that things have been overwhelming for you lately. Have you spoken to any of your current teachers? They might be able to help you with your school work and help you catch up on any work you're falling behind on.

Procrastination is a difficult thing to stop but there are ways to get past it. One method that I find particularly helpful is to make tasks. For example, when cleaning my room, my goal isn't "clean room". It's broken down into about five to ten different goals. This makes it easier to do tasks.

Have you spoken to your friends at all about how you feel? Is that something you'd be willing to do?

What are some of your future goals? Things that you want to do?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hello @Duckyy,

Sometimes when we feel the worst it is often when we think of the worst of ourselves. The people who love us will never think of us as burdens but instead want to help and support us. It is through our projection of our thoughts upon them that we distance ourselves from them and end up thinking they do not care. I know for a fact that even if you fight and have problems with your parents, at the end of the day, they will still love, and want what is best for you.

There will always be times when things do not go as we planned. But bad luck and unfortunate cicrumstances do not happen all the time. You just have to have hope that they will get better. Focus on solving one small thing at a time, so as to stop yourself from becoming overwhelmed.

Existing is a gift in itself. You can still be grateful to life even if it brings you pain. Because only when you are numb to it all that you are dead inside. Think of the beautiful things and the good people you have met. The world is still a beautiful place if you know where to look. Flowers are never just flowers.

Try to find motivation. What is your dream and what are you passionate about? Procrastination is not bringing you any closer to your dream. If you wish to be rich, work for it NOW. If you wish for life to be less painful then start the process of healing NOW. If you do not want to fall behind in work, start doing it NOW. If you never start, you will never finish and you will never get what you want.

I will listen to you, and you can turn to me when things get tough. This is what ReachOut is for, we provide support when support is needed most. So, update me on how things turn out for you.

Best wishes,

Winter_rain.

Hi @Duckyy

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling this way Smiley Sad

Talking to a helpline might be very useful to you, 

I'll just pop the phone numbers here if you wish to use them! 

Lifeline-13 11 14 

Kids Hepline- 1800 55 1800 

Please keep us updated.