cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New relationship advice

Re: New relationship advice

Hey Ideasman14, congrats on the new relationship! Fooling around with someone for the first time can be as confusing as it is exciting. There's a lot of blood and hormones rushing around inside there! It's really important that you understand you don't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with, both sexually and romantically. If you feel like things are moving too fast for your head to catch up, it's ok to put on the brakes! The same goes for your girl, if she doesn't want to do anything - because she's on her period or she's embarrassed, she has a right to say no. If you feel like you might not be able to stick to the rules of the 'one time deal' next time you're alone, maybe ask a friend to call you at a certain time and check in? Or stick to public places where you won't be alone?

If you're looking for some info on having sex for the first time, check out this fact sheet. And remember you can always call Kid's Helpline (1800 55 1800) if you need someone to talk to right away!

Highlighted

Hi Ideasman14,

You have received some great advice already. I guess I thought I would reply to your post as well anyways.

Doing anything/trying anything new for the first time can be exciting for all sorts of things. For instance even trying a new chocolate bar (you think damn that was good - I want more). When it comes to fooling around it seems like our bodies react in a similiar manner. It is like the reward systems in your brain are going crazy and enjoying what is happening. However, it is important to make sure that you and your girlfriend are both emotionally and mentally ready to make progressions in your relationship. Communication is the key to ensuring things are not moving too fast or either of you aren't feeling uncomfortable. After all neither of you want to have ay regrets and if things don't move to quickly it makes things more exciting. It is like there is still alot ot look forward to and learn about.

I hope your new relationship brings you much happiness in the future.

LL

hey ideasman14,

you might want to check out Somazone too. It's a site where young people can send in questions regarding sex and sexual health stuff and they're answered by a health professional. There's also heaps of questions posted on there, with answers, that you might relate too.

Smiley Happy

@ideasman14 wrote:

Thanks all i appricate your advice. The relationships running smoothly and were taking it slow.

Great news, thanks for sharing @ideasman14 ! Hopefully your experience can also help others on the forum. Smiley Happy

This youtube vid describes my feelings towards your situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfdKHz7b3c

Really good things often take some extra effort. Smiley Happy

Good on you then, still jelly tho