cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure how to carry on.

Hi. 

I have been with my partner for 6 years, I somewhere lost love along the way along with my self. I would go through every day just barely touching the sides of anything emotionally.  My heart breaks that I had to let him go. It’s only hit me. 

i then meet another guy who made me feel real again, I finally felt something more than just numbness.. he decided he didn’t want me. 

Im struggling to carry on when I feel like I’m such a failure at everything I do. I want to cry. I want to feel something again. So I’m craving this guy . But he doesn’t want me. What do I do. 

Highlighted

Re: Not sure how to carry on.

Hey @Ellecatx, welcome to ReachOut and thanks for sharing your story. It is hard to lose yourself within a relationship but I think it can be a particularly easy for it to happen. It is hard to let people go and I don't blame you for struggling at all. You mentioned losing yourself.. although you seem to be focusing a lot on other relationships around you. Have you thought of focusing on yourself and engaging in self-discovery before directing your efforts to other people? Have you explored what is behind your own feelings of numbness and failure? With friends? Family? Professionals? How much of a toll has this taken on your mental health? If these are issues that lie within yourself, often these are issues that will also be taken through into a new relationship if not addressed.

Re: Not sure how to carry on.

Hi @Ellecatx,

Just wanted to check in and see how you are going today? We are all thinking of you today Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here