cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure how to carry on.

Hi. 

I have been with my partner for 6 years, I somewhere lost love along the way along with my self. I would go through every day just barely touching the sides of anything emotionally.  My heart breaks that I had to let him go. It’s only hit me. 

i then meet another guy who made me feel real again, I finally felt something more than just numbness.. he decided he didn’t want me. 

Im struggling to carry on when I feel like I’m such a failure at everything I do. I want to cry. I want to feel something again. So I’m craving this guy . But he doesn’t want me. What do I do. 

Re: Not sure how to carry on.

Hey @Ellecatx, welcome to ReachOut and thanks for sharing your story. It is hard to lose yourself within a relationship but I think it can be a particularly easy for it to happen. It is hard to let people go and I don't blame you for struggling at all. You mentioned losing yourself.. although you seem to be focusing a lot on other relationships around you. Have you thought of focusing on yourself and engaging in self-discovery before directing your efforts to other people? Have you explored what is behind your own feelings of numbness and failure? With friends? Family? Professionals? How much of a toll has this taken on your mental health? If these are issues that lie within yourself, often these are issues that will also be taken through into a new relationship if not addressed.

Re: Not sure how to carry on.

Hi @Ellecatx,

Just wanted to check in and see how you are going today? We are all thinking of you today Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here