cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Not sure what to do

Okay what the heck that is completely wrong @MB95! You are such a kind and generous person, you always put others before you and really put in effort to help people. Like you're doing OT for gods sake! You've shown amazing support on here so I can't imagine what you're like in person. Honestly at this point I would have flipped and told them to fuck off and to stop projecting their own problems on others and that they're cowards but I still forgive them because this must be some sort of sick cry for help because they wish they could be as kind as you. I have the worst temper sorry Smiley Sad It would be a win for your self esteem to just tell them what for but that could escalate things and make stuf harder in terms of legal stuff. I think wait it out calmly and state what is happening and that you are backed up by advisors and that they shouldn't make this worse for everyone because its happening.

Highlighted

Ahahaha @Lost_Space_Explorer5 - can I fly you here to fight my battles for me?! 😂 My sister and mum wanna get on a plane and come deck them hahaha.. they get so angry when people treat me like crap cause I'd honestly do anything for anyone. Except for some reason it never seems to work in my favour and I'm always the one being hurt and screwed over.. riddle me that 😩 I just wrote in my journal so feel slightly less overwhelmed. Mum suggested writing down a list of all the nasty things they've done and said to me and then next to it writing down reasons for why it's not true.. idk how I'll go cause I stupidly believe alot of what they're saying but mum seemed to be able to come up with reasons against so I'm going to try and hope that helps. So that's my task for tomorrow. Amongst alot of uni catch up!!!! That's what's stressing me the most is I'm falling behind because this is really affecting me and I take my studies really seriously so that's just making it even worse. Ugh. It's a cycle. And I really thought it was coming to an end today 😭 

Thanks for just listening guys. I REALLY appreciate it. 

Highlighted

That's so awful to hear @MB95, no-one should have to go through that experience. I am glad that you have your family for support during these times. I think it was a really good idea of you to seek legal advice. I would definitely suggest talking to someone from the real estate about this as they might be able to help you out. It also might be worthwhile talking to someone at your uni about your situation (as much as you are comfortable disclosing) as they might be able to support you further or at least help you out by giving you some uni extensions so that things can feel a bit less stressful Heart
Highlighted

Thanks @Sophia-RO ❤

I've had some meetings with my lecturers to give them a heads up I'm probably going to need some extra time and my GP wrote me a letter so it should hopefully be all good. I just hate not handing things in on time! And I'm calling the real estate again tomorrow and thd legal agency I've been talking too. I'm just over it and it's so pathetic it's come to this. 

Highlighted

Hey @MB95, I would love to come and fight your battles for you! Smiley Tongue Something tells me I'd just make things worse though lol. Did you get more time for your uni stuff? How have you been going?
Highlighted

Honestly, I'm not sure it can get much worse than it is now. I'm getting there, I'm just trying really hard to put it all out of my mind and focus on uni during the days. I turn my phone off now when I'm at uni so I don't have to cop their stupid immature messages and have it interfere with my studies. So I'm trying my best!! I'm feeling a little better this morning, like less over whelmed as I spent the weekend at uni and managed to catch up on a bit which makes me feel good knowing something in my life is slowly getting back on track 💪 I'm hoping to meet with the real estate this afternoon and have a chat with them about a few things like getting a lock on my if I do have to move back in 😔

Highlighted

crap, can you block them? I know you need to correspond with them for the legal stuff, but honestly that is not okay Smiley Sad Can someone talk to them on your behalf? Like is there legal aid at your uni? This is getting ridiculous, those bloody immature leeches need to find someone else to suck the life out of!!! No disrespect to leeches or them as people but honestly they're old enough to know what's not okay.

When things are at there worst, that's often when stuff starts getting better so hang in there @MB95, we're here for you. Good job with focusing on uni, you've got this!
Highlighted

I know my uni offers like free legal aid casework and representing people, are those the sort of people who you've already sought help from?
Highlighted

Hey @MB95 , have just been catching up on what's been happening for you and I'm so sorry to hear that your ex housemates have been giving you such a hard time Smiley Sad It sounds like you've been handling things incredibly well - I think keeping your phone off while you're at uni is an excellent idea. I think @Lost_Space_Explorer5 's idea about looking into legal assistance through your uni is a really good one, I know my uni also had free legal services for students, and they're usually really knowledgeable about tenancy disputes. I also came across this site which may have some helpful info https://tenantsqld.org.au/info-for-tenants/tenancy-facts/

We're all here for you - I'm so sorry you're having to cope with this crap and I hope you can wash your hands of them altogether very soon. 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Ugh the psychology student in me is trying to see where they're coming from to fix things- maybe they have their own money issues...?? Idk.. But that doesn't give them an excuse to bully and manipulate you @MB95 Smiley Sad Do they actually know where you're coming from and do they know you know where they're coming from? I hope the legal help sorts this out cause it sounds so stressful Smiley Sad

There must be two sides to this- people don't just act like that because they're inherently mean. And no that doesn't make it right or mean it's your fault. I think figuring out where they're coming from might help come at this more objectively and help not take what they say personally. They might think they're in the right for some reason and have become so stubborn because they're really defensive about something? Idk? Maybe they're jealous? Maybe they have a false idea of who you are? Maybe they can't see how much they're hurting you and are caught up in anger or self-righteousness? Oh well, you're probably so over this by now @MB95, maybe it would be best not to think about this right now sorry Smiley Sad